If you are living in the state of Texas, finding a local physical therapist can be extremely beneficial.
Not only will they be knowledgeable in the field but they will also understand the unique challenges and functional problems that come with living in such an environment.
From extreme heat to environmental hazards, having a physical therapist nearby can make all the difference when it comes to your health and well-being.
Please know the team behind Online Mental Health Reviews are experts in mental health and well-being.
We have researched extensively to bring you the most up-to-date information about the benefits of finding a physical therapist in Texas.
We have also compiled mental health therapy resource guides for other locales, such as resources in the cities of Washington DC, Charlotte, Los Angeles, Minnesota, Georgia, and Atlanta.
Please be aware that Online Mental Health Reviews’ goal is to promote mental health by reducing stigma, providing trustworthy resources, and responding to frequently asked questions.
This video collection lists 11 mental health treatments that are free or very cheap, as well as six websites that can be utilized to find a licensed professional.
Before making a choice, take into account variables including locality, ethnicity, and insurance coverage.
For the most recent reviews and lessons, please subscribe to our YouTube channel.
We really hope that the remaining information on this page is useful and helpful.
Post any comments or queries you may have about mental health therapy below.
However this article is just focusing on physical therapy in Texas, so with that being said, let’s dive in!
The Benefits of Having a Local Physical Therapist
Physical therapists provide several services ranging from treatment to prevention.
They are experts in assessing and treating musculoskeletal issues as well as providing therapeutic exercise programs. They may also recommend lifestyle changes or treatments that could help improve overall health and wellness.
Having access to these services in your community can be invaluable for your long-term health goals.
The Heat Factor
Living in Texas means dealing with extreme heat during certain times of the year.
This can present unique challenges to people who suffer from chronic pain or musculoskeletal issues due to the added strain on their bodies.
A physical therapist nearby can help develop ways to manage this strain and prevent exacerbation of existing issues while still enjoying life outdoors during those hot summer months.
Having access to someone nearby can be incredibly beneficial for physical therapy.
Why? Because, unlike talk therapy, physical therapy requires different movements of your body.
You may need physical support like someone to hold you and prevent you from falling, which you simply cannot get online.
Additionally, being there with someone in the flesh, allows them to adjust your posture and show you precisely how to do certain movements.
While we can look in the mirror or even get online coaching for specific physical therapy exercises, communication is much better in person.
Lower Back Pain
Lower back pain is a common condition that affects many people, and one of the main problems physical therapy aims to solve (or at least minimize).
It can cause a range of symptoms, including:
- a dull ache
- stabbing or shooting sensation
- difficulty moving or standing up straight
There are several potential causes of lower back pain, such as injury, sciatica, arthritis, and degeneration of the spine.
Treatment options vary depending on the cause and severity of your lower back pain.
Common treatments include physical therapy, medications to reduce inflammation and pain, lifestyle changes such as exercise and stretching, and in some cases surgery.
If you’re experiencing lower back pain it’s important to talk to your doctor about the best treatment for you. They can help diagnose the cause of your pain and recommend an appropriate treatment plan.
Sports injuries are common among athletes and can range from minor to serious. In general, physical therapy often involves working with athletic endeavors and the injuries that naturally (or inevitably) occur.
Sprains, strains, and contusions (bruises) are some of the most common sports injuries.
Knee injuries, swollen muscles, Achilles tendon injuries, pain along the shin bone, rotator cuff injuries, and fractures are also common sports injuries.
Let’s talk about sprains first. A sprain is an injury to a ligament caused by overstretching or tearing it.
Strains occur when muscles or tendons are overstretched or torn. Contusions happen when blood vessels break due to direct impact.
Treating sports injuries depends on the type and severity of the injury.
- Resting the affected area is often recommended for milder cases of sports injury.
- Ice packs may be used to reduce swelling and pain in acute cases.
- Over-the-counter medications such as ibuprofen may help with inflammation and pain relief as well.
- For more serious cases, physical therapy or surgery may be necessary for recovery.
Preventing sports injuries is possible by following safety guidelines such as warming up before exercise, using proper form during activities, wearing protective gear like helmets and pads when applicable, and avoiding overexertion during exercise sessions.
Additionally, staying hydrated throughout physical activity can help prevent muscle cramps that can lead to further injury.
Arthritis is a common condition that can cause pain and inflammation in the joints.
Managing arthritis can involve a combination of treatments, including medications, physical therapy, lifestyle changes, and surgery.
- Medications such as anti-inflammatory drugs and pain relievers can help reduce symptoms of arthritis.
- Physical therapy can help strengthen muscles around the affected joint to relieve pain and improve flexibility.
- Lifestyle changes such as losing weight and exercising regularly can also help reduce symptoms.
- In some cases, surgery may be needed to repair or replace damaged joints.
It’s important to talk to your doctor about the best treatment plan for you. With the right medication or combination of treatments, you can manage your arthritis symptoms and live an active life.
Pain Management and Recovery Treatment
Overall, pain management and recovery treatment are two important aspects of mental health.
Pain management is the process of controlling pain through various methods, such as medications, physical therapy, and lifestyle changes. Recovery treatment focuses on helping a person cope with their pain to improve their quality of life.
There is even research1 on how to help a person struggling with addiction manage their pain without becoming dependent on meds.
- Medications used for pain management can include over-the-counter medications like acetaminophen or ibuprofen, with caution and only using opioids like codeine or hydrocodone in very limited circumstances.
- Physical therapy can also be used to reduce pain by strengthening muscles and increasing the range of motion.
- Additionally, lifestyle changes and exercises such as massage or chiropractic treatments can help reduce stress and tension that may be contributing to the pain.
Recovery treatment typically involves psychotherapy and counseling to help a person learn how to manage their pain healthily.
This recovery process may include cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) which helps people identify and change negative thought patterns that may be contributing to their pain. It may also involve relaxation techniques such as meditation or yoga which can help reduce stress levels and improve overall well-being.
It is important for any patient or anyone struggling with mental health issues related to chronic pain to seek professional help from a qualified doctor or therapist who specializes in this area.
They will be able to guide the best course of action for managing your condition and improving your quality of life.
How to Find Physical Therapy In Your Texas City Using ZocDoc
Finding a physical therapist in your area has never been easier with ZocDoc.com. Here are the steps to follow to find the right physical therapist for you:
- Go to ZocDoc.com and search for “Physical Therapists Near Me”.
- Enter your location or zip code to narrow down the search results.
- Filter your search results by the insurance providers, such as Aetna, UnitedHealthcare, Humana, or Blue Cross Blue Shield.
- Read patient reviews and ratings of each physical therapist listed in your area to help you make an informed decision about which one is best for you.
- Once you’ve chosen a physical therapist, click on their profile page and book an appointment online instantly!
With ZocDoc, finding a local physical therapist who accepts your insurance has never been easier!
Physical Therapy in Mcallen, Texas
In Mcallen, Texas, several physical therapy clinics offer a variety of services to help patients get back to living their best life.
- XO Physical Therapy in Mcallen, TX (https://www.xopt1.com/locations/mcallen/) offers rehab and pain relief services for those suffering from back pain or other physical ailments.
- Pure Physical Therapy (https://pure-physicaltherapy.com/) also provides physical therapy treatments for patients in the area.
- Spectrum Therapeutics is another clinic that specializes in orthopedic treatments and offers appointments (https://www.rgvo.com/spectrum-therapeutics-orthopedic-treatments-mcallen-tx.html)
- Doctors Physical Therapy and Sports Institute has physical therapists who are highly trained in neurological conditions, pediatrics, orthopedics, and more.
If you’re looking for physical therapy services in Mcallen, Texas, these clinics can provide you with the care you need to get back on your feet.
Physical Therapy in Frisco, Texas
Physical therapy is a great way to improve your mobility and your mental health.
In Frisco, Texas, several physical therapy clinics specialize in helping people with orthopedic, sports medicine, and workers’ compensation issues.
- Frisco Physical Therapy (https://friscopt.com/) is an outpatient physical therapy clinic that offers specialized care for orthopedics, sports medicine, and workers’ compensation.
- Peak Physical Therapy (https://peak.urpt.com/locations/frisco/) also offers exceptional care and industry-leading outcomes in Frisco.
- Results Physiotherapy in Frisco (https://www.resultspt.com/frisco-texas) provides individualized treatment programs for patients suffering from injuries to the musculoskeletal system.
- Therapy Fit specializes in the evaluation, treatment, and rehabilitation of individuals with musculoskeletal issues.
- The STAR clinic offers a wide variety of outpatient services for injured athletes and weekend warriors. Greater
- Therapy Centers EDGE Clinics in Frisco also offers individualized physical therapy treatment programs for those suffering from injuries or pain.
If you’re looking for physical therapy near you in Frisco, Texas, these are some great options to consider!
Physical Therapy in Denton Texas
Physical therapy is a great way to help with mental health issues.
In Denton, Texas, several physical therapy centers can provide the care and support you need.
- Peak Physical Therapy in Denton offers access to care within 24-48 hours and specializes in exceptional care and industry-leading outcomes (https://peak.urpt.com/locations/denton/)
- Texas Health in Denton provides a variety of rehabilitation programs and therapy to help you recover from injury or illness (https://www.texashealth.org/Locations/texas-health-denton/Texas-Health-Rehabilitation-Center)
- Denton Sports & Physical Therapy Center is the most established and comprehensive outpatient physical rehabilitation center in Denton County (https://denton-therapy.com/)
- Therapy Partners of North Texas is an outpatient physical therapy clinic that specializes in orthopedics, manual therapy, and sports medicine.
- Velocity Physical Therapy has locations throughout Denton County, offering evaluation, education, treatment, fees & insurance services.
- Medical City Denton also offers physical therapy and rehabilitation services for those suffering from various diagnoses.
- Finally, ATI Physical Therapy on Teasley Ln in Denton provides personalized physical therapy in a friendly environment and Select Rehabilitation Hospital of Denton Outpatient offers individualized treatment programs for patients suffering from injuries to their body.
Physical Therapy in Weatherford Texas
If you are looking for physical therapy in Weatherford, Texas, there are several options available. Physical therapists specialize in a wide range of treatments designed to help you with your mental health.
- Sports Rehab & Physical Therapy- Weatherford is conveniently located and offers physical therapy services.
- SporTherapy also provides physical therapy services in the Weatherford area (https://sportherapy.com/location/weatherford/).
- Body Fix 180 is another option for those seeking physical therapy in Weatherford, Texas (https://www.bodyfix180.com/).
No matter which option you choose, it is important to find a physical therapist that fits your needs and can provide the best care possible.
Physical Therapy Texas A&M
If you are looking for information about Physical Therapy at Texas A&M, you have come to the right place. Physical Therapy (PT) is a dynamic profession with an established theoretical and scientific base and widespread clinical applications in the restoration, maintenance, and promotion of optimal physical function.
There are 16 Doctor of Physical Therapy (DPT) programs in Texas, 15 of which are entry-level programs. Most Texas programs require applicants to have a bachelor’s degree before applying for the doctoral program.
Texas A&M offers a Health Education Physical Therapy Program where graduates will receive both a degree in Kinesiology (Motor Behavior) from Texas A&M and a Doctor of Physical Therapy (DPT) degree from UTHSA.
You may learn more about the physical therapy program at Texas A&M here.
Additionally, there is a Physical Therapy Center located on campus that provides services to students. Prerequisites for this program include having a thorough understanding of basic sciences such as evaluation, diagnosis, prognosis, and intervention related to physical therapy practice.
If you would like more information about the pre-professional physical therapy program at Texas A&M or any other questions related to physical therapy, please contact the Student Health Services at (979) 458-8383 or visit their website at https://shs.tamu.edu/staff/pt/.
Does Texas A&M have Physical Therapy?
Yes, Texas A&M has a Physical Therapy program.
The university offers a Doctor of Physical Therapy (DPT) degree through its Health Education Physical Therapy Program. This program is offered in collaboration with the University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio (UTHSA).
Physical Therapy in Bastrop, Texas
If you’re looking for physical therapy services in Bastrop, Texas, there are several options available.
- Garner & Riley Physical Therapy (http://www.garnerrileypt.com/) is dedicated to providing rehabilitation for immediate relief and wellness services of impeccable quality. They offer specialty services like dry needling, TMJ therapy, and vestibular rehab.
- Ascension Seton Physical Therapy & Fitness Center also provides physical medicine and rehabilitation services in Bastrop – https://healthcare.ascension.org/locations/texas/txaus/bastrop-ascension-seton-physical-therapy-and-fitness-center
- PT Solutions of Bastrop offers a variety of physical therapy treatments as well – https://ptsolutions.com/clinics/tx/bastrop/
All three locations accept major insurance and Medicare. You can find more information about each location on their websites or by calling them directly.
List of Physical Therapy in Texas Cities Conclusion
Finding a local physical therapist in a Texas community is essential for anyone looking for long-term health solutions and improved overall well-being.
Not only will they understand how best to treat musculoskeletal issues but they’ll also be aware of potential environmental factors that could affect one’s ability to exercise safely outside during hot summer months.
With so many benefits associated with finding a physical therapist nearby from a leading provider, it’s easy to see why this may be an important step towards bettering one’s mental health care needs and longevity!
- Prater, C. D., Zylstra, R. G., & Miller, K. E. (2002, August 1). Successful Pain Management for the Recovering Addicted Patient. The Primary Care Companion for CNS Disorders, 4(4). https://doi.org/10.4088/pcc.v04n0402