In a world where mental health is important but often ignored, unhappy couples who want help can feel overwhelmed by the many choices they have.
“Couples Counselling Using Systemic Family Therapy” is a highly rated course that can help couples build stronger relationships and work through life’s problems together.
Our team at Online Mental Health Reviews has seen how therapy can change lives, both personally and professionally, and is passionate about helping you make the best decisions for your mental health path.
With a 4.7 out of 5 rating (200+ ratings from 4,000+ students), plus having bought and gone through the course ourselves, we’re confident that through this course, you’ll learn important things and get helpful tools that can help your relationship.
We purchased, studied, and enjoyed this course. So keep reading to hear our journey through the world of mental and benefits of systemic family therapy and how it can help couples in counseling.
Couples Counselling Using Systemic Family Therapy - $9.99-16.99
Third Party Reviews
Best for those without any experience in couples counseling as it covers basic core counseling skills. Ideal if as a professional you want to explore a little more about couples counseling, or as an adult if you want to better understand couples counseling principles.
- Discusses a wide range of couples counseling themes.
- Starts strong by explaining what makes relationships succeed or fail.
- Explains most ideas through examples.
- The concepts are described simply.
- The course merely covers the basics of each section.
- Counseling couples with mental health concerns is unsuitable.
- Medical professionals will find the advice too simplistic.
- Limited information makes it unsuitable as a standalone course.
Who is Best for Couples Counselling Using Systemic Family Therapy?
Couples Counselling using Systemic Family Therapy provides an overview of what makes relationships work and why relationships are voluntary. It also provides clarity on understanding relationships based on the way couples interact and communicate.
The course comes with a comprehensive handbook so that you will have much of what you need to deliver couples counseling, in addition to experience, education, etc. On completing the course, you will earn a certificate accredited by the International Association of Therapists.
This course is useful for “relationship wellness seekers”. In other words, people who simply want to learn more about relationships through a couples counseling lens.
- Medical professionals looking to learn couples counseling for helping their patients avoid the impact of strained personal relations on their emotional or physical health
- Anyone looking to help couples, including their friends or relatives, who are in distress due to strained relationships
- People looking for an overview of systemic family therapy
- Students and youngsters looking to understand how relationships work
This course is also suitable for those without any experience in couples counseling as it covers basic core counseling skills. However, a background in person-centered counseling might be useful.
Who Should Not Use Couples Counselling Using Systemic Family Therapy?
This course may not be suitable for:
- Those interested in a standalone guide for couples counseling.
- Those looking for managing sexual dysfunction or supporting couples who are having sexual-specific problems.
- The course takes a wide and inclusive view of relationships, including the LGBT community. Hence, it may not be suitable for those with a highly traditional view of marriage as they may not be comfortable with the course material.
About Couples Counselling Using Systemic Family Therapy
Couples Counselling using Systemic Family Therapy is a short and concise course created by Chris Worfolk and Holbeck College to help people develop stronger personal relationships by learning skills to perform couples counseling.
Chris Worfolk is a psychologist and software consultant. He is the author of 9 books and has taught more than 50,000 students on Udemy. He specializes in mental health, career coaching, and resilience.
Holbeck College provides training in psychology and mental health and aims to make psychology education more accessible to a wider audience to raise the standard of mental health knowledge in society.
Couples Counselling using Systemic Family Therapy includes:
- Relationship Theory and step-by-step relationship counseling
- Psychotherapy skills
- Systemic family therapy
In this course, you will learn:
- How relationships work
- Using systemic family therapy for counseling multiple people
- Core counseling skills
- Relationship-specific therapeutic techniques
This course includes:
- 2.5 hours of on-demand video
- 17 articles
- 5 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of completion
- 30-Day Money-Back Guarantee
Couples Counselling Using Systemic Family Therapy Benefits
This course provides a great place to start with couples counseling if you wish to help couples in distress.
The benefits of couples counseling, according to Healthline, include:
- A significant part of the course is dedicated to learning what constitutes resilient relationships, thus creating a strong base for initiating a couples counseling session.
- Teaches what John Gottman refers to as the “four horsemen” of doomed relationships, which include Defensiveness, Criticism, Contempt, and Stonewalling.
- Provides an outline for interaction-focused therapy.
- Gives insights into how maladaptive behavior can become functional by serving a purpose thus offering a better understanding of the reasons for relationship failures.
- Adequate emphasis on structural therapy and the transitions in life cycles that relationships can experience including the periods of stability and periods of change.
- Has a “Question Board” to look for answers to your common queries.
My Experience with Couples Counselling using Systemic Family Therapy
- The first 3 sections are largely focused on creating a foundation for learning relationships and what can go right or wrong in a relationship. These sections are useful for gaining a good understanding of what makes up resilient relationships.
- I liked the fourth and fifth sections of the course as they provide practical tips for initiating counseling sessions based on core counseling skills.
- The 6th section is particularly important for learning the therapeutic techniques you can use for couples counseling. The examples provided in this section are great for gaining clarity. This section should not be missed and can be practiced repeatedly to develop the skills for efficient couples counseling.
- The 7th and 8th sections deal with specific topics including mental illness, domestic abuse, separation or divorce, and sexual problems. One or more lectures from these sections can be skipped if they do not pertain to what you are looking to learn.
How Couples Counselling Using Systemic Family Therapy Works
Couples Counselling using Systemic Family Therapy provides a broad framework about how to go ahead with couples counseling to help couples in distress. It provides practical tips and examples on how to deal with difficult situations during counseling to avoid discomfort and deadlock.
It covers a wide range of topics to help you manage multiple issues responsible for strained relationships.
Taking the course on the Udemy platform will come with features like control playback so that you can play the videos slowly or quickly as needed. You can also take notes while watching the videos or download the handbook included in the course material.
You can look at the question board to get answers to most of your queries. Finally, you can also post the questions on the course page to get a reply from the author.
Couples Counselling Using Systemic Family Therapy Pros
- Covers a wide range of topics related to couples counseling.
- Starts with a strong base by explaining what makes relationships work or not work.
- Provides clarity on most concepts using examples.
- The concepts are explained in simple language making them easier to understand.
- Does not require medical background to learn the strategies.
Cons of Couples Counselling Using Systemic Family Therapy
- The course provides only a broad framework without getting into the depth of each section.
- Not suitable for counseling couples when one or both partners are having mental health issues.
- The information and strategies provided are too basic for those with a medical background.
- Can not be considered a standalone course as the information provided is limited.
Is Couples Counseling Evidence-Based?
Yes, Couples Counseling is evidence-based, however, there is only limited research available for Systematic Family Therapy for Couples Counseling.
- A 2020 review of Couples Counseling studies states 1 “couple-based interventions have garnered considerable empirical support for their effectiveness in addressing a broad spectrum of specific relational dysfunctions as well as individual emotional and physical health problems”.
- However, this study doesn’t mention Systemic Family Systems for Couples Counseling.
- There is some excitement in the therapy field about the potential of Systemic Family Therapy2, but no large studies.
Couples Counselling Using Systemic Family Therapy Third-Party Reviews
The reviews of Couples Counselling using Systemic Family Therapy are mixed, although most are positive.
Here are snippets of some reviews posted by learners:
- “Just wanted to say I really like your courses. You made them really easy to learn and to understand.”
- “The course was informative, and the app was easy to use. Easy to follow, flowed well, and explained very well.”
- “This field is a new experience for me, and so far, I like how the course is being explained very clearly and understandably.”
Couples Counselling using Systemic Family Therapy – Is It Evidence-Based?
Yes, most strategies for couples counseling provided in this course are backed by evidence. There is also a list of references mentioned at the end of the course.
However, more emphasis on providing research-based evidence is needed to add authenticity.
What Problems Do Couples Counselling Using Systemic Family Therapy Best Help?
Couples Counselling using Systemic Family Therapy can help with:
- Identifying the cause/s of conflicts in relationships.
- Learning the life cycle of relationships and how each stage influences the dynamics between the partners.
- Guiding couples in resolving their issues and improving their relationships.
- Helping couples gain insights into the possible reasons for the strain in their relationship.
- Encouraging couples to improve their perception by making an effort to understand their partner’s point of view.
Best Features of Couples Counselling Using Systemic Family Therapy
Here are the best features of Couples Counselling using Systemic Family Therapy that will help you learn how to perform couples counseling:
- Good explanation of what couples counseling involves, what makes a good relationship, and what resources you have.
- Provides an understanding of relationships using systemic and family therapy.
- Learn the fundamentals of family counseling, family therapy, and systemic therapy.
- Therapeutic techniques can be implemented while working on couples.
- Learning to deal with specific topics like domestic violence and divorce.
- The role of sex in couples counseling.
- Helping people in romantic relations.
- The process of counseling couples with core counseling skills.
How do I Sign-Up Couples Counselling using Systemic Family Therapy?
You can sign up for Couples Counselling using Systemic Family Therapy by creating an account on Udemy. If you already have an account on Udemy, you can search “Couples Counselling using Systemic Family Therapy” and sign up for the course by making the payment.
Alternative Apps for Couples Counselling Using Systemic Family Therapy
Couples Counselling using Systemic Family Therapy is currently available only on Udemy.
Best Relationships Course For Professionals Who Need Continuing Education Credits As Well
As a professional, you may be required to get 30+ Continuing Education (CE) credits every 2 years.
If you are already interested in relationships and want to learn about couples counseling, you may want to take a couples counseling course that gives you CE credits.
There is an advanced course designed just for healthcare professionals that provides dynamic and targeted strategies to treat codependency, gaslighting, torn attachment, narcissistic abuse, and the pain brought on by these relationships.
We bought and went through this course ourselves, and believe this course equips mental health professionals to assist their clients in moving ahead with their life by offering simple-to-integrate techniques from the most in-demand techniques, such as CBT, DBT, & EMDR.
The cost of the training lets you earn up to 21.75 CE hours.
Codependency, Narcissism & Trauma Bonding: CBT, DBT & EMDR Strategies to Free Clients from Toxic Relationships” (https://onlinementalhealthreviews.com/free-clients-from-toxic-relationships)
How Much Do Couples Counselling Using Systemic Family Therapy Cost?
The original cost of this course is $69.99. However, after discounts have been applied the price is $9.99.
Any Signup Discount or Free Trial?
Yes, this course is currently available at a discount of 83%, which means you need to pay $9.99 to sign up.
Refunds, Pausing, and Cancellations
This course offers a 30-day money-back guarantee. It also provides full lifetime access and access on mobile and TV, which means you can pause and resume the course anytime based on your preferences or time constraints.
Mental Health Udemy Course Reviews
- CBT4PANIC. Overcome Panic & Anxiety Attacks Fast Review – Best for Ages 14+ Seeking Effective Panic Solutions
- Sound Therapy & Sound Healing Course Review – Best For Creatives and Self-Care Explorers
- Mental Health Ambassador Certificate Review – Best for Mental Health Advocates and Community Supporters
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT) Udemy Course Review – Best for Therapists Who Want To Learn ACT Better
Couples Counselling Using Systemic Family Therapy Review Conclusion
Couples Counselling using Systemic Family Therapy offers guidance to help you provide personal or professional support to couples in distress. It can help you learn the basics of couples counseling so that you can extend support to couples experiencing strained relationships. However, it may not work as a standalone course if you are looking for building a career in couples counseling.
- Lebow, J., & Snyder, D. K. (2022, September 29). Couple therapy in the 2020s: Current status and emerging developments. Family Process, 61(4), 1359–1385. https://doi.org/10.1111/famp.12824
- Stanton, M., & Welsh, R. (2012, March). Systemic thinking in couple and family psychology research and practice. Couple and Family Psychology: Research and Practice, 1(1), 14–30. https://doi.org/10.1037/a0027461
- Have You Tried Online Couples Therapy Yet? (n.d.). 11 Best Online Couples Therapy Platforms. https://www.healthline.com/health/mental-health/online-couples-therapy