Want to know the average Talkspace therapist salary?
To help you make an informed decision, let’s take a closer look at a variety of resources for Talkspace therapist salary and learn what you can expect if you decide to pursue this career path.
How Much Does a Talkspace Therapist Make?
Talkspace gives out $67.90 an hour1 (for two 30-minute live therapy sessions).
Talkspace has done the math and says that a therapist who works 40 hours a week can expect to make $116,619 per year.
However, according to 46 Talkspace employees who anonymously submitted employment data, the average Talkspace therapist makes $34 per hour2.
The amount of money that you can make as a Talkspace therapist will vary depending on your experience level, education, and other factors.
This figure does not include bonuses or other incentives that may be available depending on the specific job offer.
It is important to note that this salary range is based on national averages and will vary from region to region.
What Does a Talkspace Therapist Do?
Talkspace therapists are responsible for providing mental health services to clients online via video chat or text messaging.
These professionals must have excellent communication skills and be comfortable working with diverse populations to effectively assist their clients in exploring their feelings and discovering solutions to their problems.
Being able to think critically about complex issues is also essential for this type of work.
In addition, Talkspace therapists must understand how to manage different types of ethical dilemmas and maintain client confidentiality according to HIPAA guidelines.
Tips for Becoming a Successful Talkspace Therapist
If you are interested in becoming a successful Talkspace therapist, there are several things that you can do to increase your chances of success in this field.
First, you must obtain the necessary education and licensure required by your state to practice therapy professionally. Once these requirements have been met, it is also important that you stay up-to-date on the latest research in the field so that your practice remains relevant and effective with contemporary theories and techniques.
Additionally, it can be helpful if you specialize in one particular area of therapy such as marriage counseling or addiction recovery so that potential clients know exactly what services they can expect when they reach out for help from you.
Finally, having strong writing skills can also be beneficial since many conversations with clients will take place over text message or email rather than face-to-face meetings or video chat sessions.
Talkspace Company Jobs and Salaries
If you’re interested in working for Talkspace or curious about their salaries, here’s what you need to know2:
- The average Talkspace salary ranges from approximately $43,576 per year for an Intern to $219,668 per year.
- The estimated total pay for a Therapist at Talkspace is $71,185 per year.
- Talkspace pays an average salary of $180,504 and salaries range from a low of $154,378 to a high of $208,526.
- Licensed therapists, counselors, or psychologists can expect to be reimbursed $67.90 per hour for live sessions.
It’s important to note that individual salaries will vary based on factors such as position.
How Much Does Talkspace Pays Interns
Talkspace pays interns $43,576 per year according to 10 salaries submitted2.
How Much Does Talkspace Pay Per Hour
If you’re interested in working as a therapist for Talkspace, you may be wondering how much they pay per hour.
According to Glassdoor, the average hourly pay is $34 per hour average as a therapist.
However, Talkspace claims so you can expect to be reimbursed $67.90 per hour for live sessions.
It’s important to note that individual salaries will vary based on caseload and length of therapy sessions. Overall, Talkspace offers competitive pay rates for therapists looking to work in online counseling and therapy.
How Much Does Talkspace Pay Per Session
Talkspace pays $67.90 for 2x 30 minute sessions, so per session Talkspace pays $33.95 per session. This number does include going over sessions or any other texting, paperwork, or studying which are all included in the Talkspace job description.
Talkspace Therapist Requirements
If you are interested in becoming a Talkspace therapist, there are certain requirements that you must meet.
According to the Talkspace website, you must have a clinical license in your state of residence, which allows for independent clinical practice. Additionally, you must have a minimum of three years of direct clinical experience providing therapy to individuals.
If you meet these requirements and are interested in joining the Talkspace team, you can apply online through their website. It is important to note that the application process can take an average of 4-6 weeks to complete.
If you are interested in learning more about becoming a Talkspace therapist or applying to join their team, visit their website or contact them directly for more information.
If you’re interested in working for Talkspace, you may be wondering about their compensation.
According to various sources, the average salary for Talkspace employees ranges from $43,576 per year for an intern to $219,668 per year for a technical lead. However, it’s important to note that individual salaries will vary depending on factors such as experience and job title.
Additionally, Talkspace recently increased provider pay by 20%, with therapists being reimbursed $67.90 per hour for live sessions. It’s also worth noting that therapists are paid on an hourly basis rather than a yearly salary.
Overall, Talkspace appears to offer competitive compensation for its employees and providers.
Talkspace Therapist Salary Reddit
If you are considering working as a therapist for Talkspace, you may be wondering about the salary. Based on information from Reddit threads and reviews, here are some key points to consider:
- Pay at Talkspace is reportedly low compared to what you could earn in private practice.
- Some therapists have reported making just over $15 per hour, which they consider unacceptable.
- Talkspace has advertised that they increased therapist pay, but some therapists still feel that the pay is too low.
It’s important to do your research and consider all factors before deciding if working for Talkspace or another telehealth therapy company is right for you.
Keep in mind that salary isn’t the only factor to consider when choosing a job. You should also consider factors such as work-life balance, job security, and opportunities for professional growth.
What Type of Therapist Makes The Most Money?
If you’re wondering which type of therapist makes the most money, it’s important to note that salaries can vary depending on several factors such as location, experience, and education. However, according to various sources in the field of psychology, industrial-organizational psychologists tend to be the highest-paid professionals in the psychology field with an average yearly salary of $105,310.
Other high-paying therapy professions include psychiatrists with an average yearly salary of $216,090 and private practice clinical therapists with an average salary of around $150,000. It’s worth noting that becoming a psychiatrist takes longer than becoming a psychologist but is one of the highest-paying options in this field.
For more information on high-paying therapy careers, check out resources like Verywell Mind and Best Psychology Degrees.
How Many Clients Do Talkspace Therapists Have?
If you’re wondering how many clients Talkspace therapists have, it’s important to note that the number of clients varies for each therapist. However, according to Talkspace’s investor relations website, as of December 31, 2021, there were over 6,000 licensed therapists on the platform. Additionally, in a CNBC article from May 2020, it was reported that Talkspace had over 1 million users.
It’s important to keep in mind that these numbers are constantly changing as more people seek out online therapy services. If you’re interested in learning more about Talkspace and its services, you can visit their website or check out reputable sources such as the American Psychological Association or the National Institute of Mental Health.
How Often Do You Get Paid With Talkspace?
If you’re considering working as a therapist with Talkspace, you may be wondering how often you’ll get paid. According to Talkspace’s website, therapists are paid twice a month via direct deposit. The exact payment schedule may vary depending on your location and other factors, so it’s important to check with Talkspace directly for more information.
How Much Can You Make From Talkspace?
A therapist working at Talkspace 50 hours can expect to earn $145,773 per year while the average estimated total pay for a National Practice Provider at Talkspace is $219,668 per year.
In conclusion, becoming a Talkspace therapist can be an incredibly rewarding career choice as long as you do your due diligence before pursuing it further.
You should take time to understand exactly what the job entails so that there are no surprises when it comes time to start working with actual clients; additionally, having the necessary qualifications such as degrees or licenses will help ensure that your practice is legitimate and professional from day one.
Lastly, staying current on research within the field will help keep your practice up-to-date so that your services remain relevant in today’s digital age environment where talking therapy takes place both online and offline! Good luck!
- Current career opportunities at Talkspace. (n.d.). Current Career Opportunities at Talkspace. https://www.talkspace.com/careers/job?gh_jid=4390180004
- How Much Does Talkspace Pay in 2023? (112 Salaries). (n.d.). How Much Does Talkspace Pay in 2023? (112 Salaries) | Glassdoor. https://www.glassdoor.com/Salary/Talkspace-Salaries-E1284778.htm
- Explore Online Counseling & Therapy Jobs | Talkspace. (n.d.). Explore Online Counseling & Therapy Jobs | Talkspace. https://www.talkspace.com/join-our-network/therapist
More Talkspace Resources
- We Bought Talkspace (Video) – Here’s Our Complete Review
- Why Michael Phelps Says, “Talkspace Saved My Life”
- Insurances Talkspace Accepts – Covers 40 Million Americans
- Talkspace Cost Breakdown – What We Paid
- The Public and Private Talkspace Discounts We Found
- Talkspace Phone Number (?)
- Talkspace Company Financial Info
- The Salary of Talkspace Therapists
- How To Cancel Your Talkspace Subscription
- The Talkspace App Is Popular!
- Talkspace Versus Calmerry
- Talkspace Versus Brightside
- Talkspace Versus Sesame Care
Final Talkspace Summary Review
Third Party Reviews
Pricing / Insurance
Talkspace is best if you’re new to therapy, have insurance, and looking for online convenience for mild to moderate mental health struggles.
Get $100 off your first month with code SPACE at Talkspace.com.
- No commuting with flexible online sessions from home
- Multiple subscription plans available
- Quick signup with user-friendly platform and app
- Constant access with round-the-clock text messages and live chats available
- You can choose your therapist from three options, allowing you to somewhat customize your experience
- Serves all 50 states
- You can switch therapists whenever you want at no extra cost.
- Has an easy-to-navigate app
- High user satisfaction
- Flexible plans, accepted by most health insurers and contract-free
- The service can connect you with a psychiatrist who can evaluate you and prescribe medication that you can pick up from your local pharmacy
- Provides individual therapy, couples, and teen therapy
- All sessions with well-qualified therapists
- The platform encrypts your conversations and offers a password-secured login system to keep your data private.
- Providers and AI algorithm choose 3 therapists for you
- No group or family counseling sessions
- Exact pricing only revealed upon sign-up
- Most affordable plan is messaging-only
- Text therapy may not be suitable for everyone as it may feel impersonal due to automated messages
- No sliding scale or financial aid options available
- Medicare and Medicaid do not cover services
- Live sessions are only 30 minutes long and must be purchased with higher-priced plans
- Overall best suited for cases of anxiety or depression
- If cancelled within the month, Talkspace will still charge the subscriber for the entire month
- AI analysis may be done on conversations with your therapist
- Chat history cannot be deleted
- Some misleading claims