In today’s fast-paced world, prioritizing mental health has become more important than ever. We all go through tough times, and it’s okay to need some help. This is why meditation and mental health mobile applications like Headspace have become popular choices.
But just like any other app, you might face some technical issues or need help with a subscription. If you’re wondering how to reach out to Headspace, here’s everything you need to know about their customer support.
Our team has bought, tested, and documented our experience with Headspace. We’re passionate about mental health, mindfulness, and meditation. Our goal is to help you know all the information you can about Headspace, and the alternatives to Headspace so that you can make the decision best for your mind and body.
You can see our Headspace Review, and our other articles about login info, Headspace and Starbucks rewards, Headspace subscription plans, Headspace free trials, and job openings at Headspace. You can also see our Headspace video playlist below:
5 Ways to Contact Headspace’s Customer Support
1 – Headspace Help Center / FAQ
One of the easiest is by going to their website, where you’ll find a dedicated ‘Help Center section. Here, you’ll see various options for assistance, including FAQs, troubleshooting guides, and articles.
You can also use the search bar to type in specific queries. The Help Center is an excellent resource if you’re looking for quick answers. Please note the Headspace FAQ and Help Center are the same entity.
Headspace Help Center – https://help.headspace.com/hc/en-us
2 – Headspace Email Addresses
Another way to get in touch with Headspace’s support team for feedback is by emailing their team with the info listed on their website1. Their team typically responds within 24-48 hours. Keep in mind that this option for feedback is less immediate than some others.
- Technical questions — firstname.lastname@example.org
- Press & Media — email@example.com
- Headspace For Work — Contact form
- Health partnerships — firstname.lastname@example.org
- Anything else — email@example.com
3 – Call Headspace Customer Support
If you prefer to speak with someone directly, you can call Headspace’s customer support number. They have separate helpline numbers for different regions, so make sure to dial the right one.
You can find the phone numbers listed on their website. Headspace’s customer support team is available from Monday to Friday, 9 AM to 5 PM PT. You can expect to receive help with your issues effectively and politely.
- The Headspace North America phone number is (855) 432-3822
- The Headspace UK phone number is +44 808 164 1747
4 – Message Headspace Social Media
If you’re on social media, you might also try messaging Headspace’s support team on Twitter or Facebook. Usually, brands respond faster on social media, making a message a convenient way to get your issues resolved quickly.
However, make sure you’re direct messaging them and not just posting a message publicly.
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Headspace
- Facebook Headspace Community: https://www.facebook.com/groups/everybodyheadspace
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/Headspace
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/headspace
5 – Headspace Live Chat and Bot
Headspace has a live chat (real people) you can message at certain 9 AM to 5 PM PT.
- Live Chat: Do you have a quick question? Headspace provides live chat during our peak hours via the widget located at the bottom of their support page, and they would be delighted to have the opportunity to speak with you.
- Support Bot: If you notice the orange help (?) bubble in the bottom right corner of the page, you should click or tap on it. With regard to frequently asked questions, their support bot is highly intelligent.
Headspace Health Corporate Profile
Headspace Health is a digital health platform that provides guided meditation sessions and mindfulness training.
It was founded in 2010 in London, with US headquarters in Santa Monica, California.
Headspace also offers a business-to-business service called Headspace for Work, which provides its services to companies looking to support their employees’ mental health.
The company has received funding from investors such as Spectrum Equity, The Chernin Group, and Advancit Capital.
Headspace is a meditation app designed to help people practice mindfulness and improve their mental health.
Founded by former monk Andy Puddicombe and Rich Pierson, Headspace has become the world’s largest meditation app with one mission: to improve the health and happiness of the world.
The brand has created a friendly, accessible, and relatable look and feels that appeals to users. Its design team works hard to make complex concepts simple, while also creating an engaging experience with a joyful tone.
Headspace also offers other media partnerships, print design, and illustration services as part of its brand expression.
Overall, Headspace is committed to helping people find moments of mindfulness through its innovative approach to meditation and mental health.
The Wikipedia Headspace Page2 is a useful resource for company history, founders and more.
Headspace is an app that provides guided meditation and sleep support to help people live healthier, happier lives.
The Headspace logo is an orange dot, symbolizing the feeling of being centered and calm. This logo is completely on-brand with the identity of the company. Headspace also has a style guide with brand assets such as logos, colors, fonts, and more.
The Headspace logo can be found in various formats such as .SVG and .PNG files. It can also be found in images, stock photos, and vectors on websites like Design Rush, Brand Fetch, Apple App Store, Google Search, and Shutterstock.
Here are two more resources for the Headspace Logo, if you want to study, download, or share:
Headspace Headquarters and Addresses
The company is headquartered in Santa Monica, California, with offices in San Francisco and London. Headspace’s headquarters are located at 2415 Michigan Avenue in Santa Monica, Los Angeles.
Headspace United Kingdom
Headspace UK c/o LABS
90 High Holborn, London WC1V 6LJ
2415 Michigan Avenue
Santa Monica, CA 90404
Headspace Phone Numbers
- The Headspace North America phone number is (855) 432-3822
- The Headspace UK phone number is +44 808 164 1747
Headspace Mailing Address
Headspace mailing address is 425 California St, San Francisco, CA 94104.
Headspace Customer Service
Headspace Customer Service is available to help you with any questions or concerns you may have about your mental health journey.
- If you have technical questions, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For press and media inquiries, please email email@example.com.
- If you are interested in learning more about Headspace for Work, please fill out the contact form on their website.
- For health partnership inquiries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you need additional help, you can also contact the Customer Experience team at (855) 432-3822 or submit a request through the Headspace Help Center. The Help Center also has FAQs and information about subscriptions & billing, account settings, troubleshooting, using Headspace, and the Headspace Family Plan.
Can You Email Headspace?
Yes, you can email Headspace.
Does Headspace Have A Chat?
Yes, Headspace does have a chat feature. You can access live chat during peak hours through the widget at the bottom of their help page.
How Do I Cancel My Headspace Account?
Canceling your Headspace account is easy. All you need to do is log in to your account, navigate to the ‘account settings’ window, select the ‘Cancel Subscription’ option, and follow the instructions. Once you have completed these steps, your subscription will be canceled and you will no longer be charged for future payments.
If you don’t want to completely cancel your subscription but would like a break from it, note that you can pause it instead. Pausing gives you the flexibility of restarting when and if needed without having to re-subscribe at a later date.
Can I Cancel Headspace At Any Time?
Yes, you can cancel your Headspace subscription at any time. To do so, open the Settings app on your device and tap on your name. Then, tap “Subscriptions” and select the Headspace subscription. Finally, tap “Cancel Subscription” to disable it from auto-renewing at the end of the current billing cycle.
If you purchased your subscription via Google Play, you can also follow a similar process. Additionally, if you purchased their yearly subscription plan, they offer a 30-day money-back guarantee if you cancel within that period.
Is Headspace In America?
Yes, Headspace is available in America. Headspace is an English-American online company that specializes in meditation and mental health services. It was founded in London in 2010 and has since expanded to the United States. Through science-backed meditation and mindfulness tools, Headspace helps people create life-changing habits to support their mental health.
Headspace is great for educators, overall, with their free plans and custom support tools for children and teachers.
If you’re an educator and want additional resources for mental health beyond meditation, please know there are free mental health online resources for educators.
Headspace Customer Service Conclusion:
Headspace’s customer support is easily accessible and helpful. The Help Center provides a wealth of information, and their support team is available via phone, email, social media, and chat messaging.
With such a diverse range of options, you should feel confident knowing that help is available when you need it.
So, don’t hesitate to reach out to their customer support should any issues arise.
- Questions about Headspace. (n.d.). Headspace. https://www.headspace.com/contact-us
- Headspace (company) – Wikipedia. (2010, May 1). Headspace (Company) – Wikipedia. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Headspace_(company)
Headspace - $12.99/Month
Headspace is best for people who are dealing with stress, and burnout, want to improve their productivity, learn or practice meditation, and prefer a minimalistic approach.
- Provides access to hundreds of meditations, sleep sounds, and focus music
- Offers mental health support through coaching and therapy sessions
- Includes high quality instructional audio experiences
- Easy to use and navigate user interface
- Available for both Apple and Android devices
- Features calm moments reminders throughout the day to keep users mindful
- Allows personalization of audio experiences with various volume levels, timer settings, and background noises
- Trackable stats help users understand their practice over time
- Offers special programs for different age groups such as children or teens
- Accessible at anytime from anywhere allowing users flexibility in their practice
- Ability to save progress in specific sessions so that users can return to them later
- Email notifications help keep users on track when they forget to meditate
- Supports educational initiatives by providing free access to its content through Headspace School Programs
- Free 7 day trial allows users to test out the app before committing
- Does not offer individualized guidance or feedback beyond the programs offered
- Requires a subscription to access all of the content
- Audio loops may become repetitive over time
- Limited access to guided meditations if you do not have a Premium account
- Sleep Sounds and Focus Music can be limited depending on package purchased
- Amount of free content is limited compared if you upgrade to a paid plan
- No ability to sync data across multiple devices which limits portability between devices
- Timer options for meditation sessions can only be set in increments of 10 minutes
- Cannot customize session length when doing guided meditations
- Stats and analytics tracking require an active subscription
- Not available in all countries due to geographic restrictions
- No ability to track goals that were achieved or need improvement during each session
- Individual audio files cannot be downloaded directly from the app, they must be streamed online
- Does not offer integration with other products such as smartwatches or fitness trackers
- Content is not tailored based on personal feedback