Many people in the Christian community have questions about online Christian counseling services, especially when they are questioning or even doubtful of their commitment to their partner.
Does it work? Is it effective? Is it a sin to seek help from an outside source?
The truth is that seeking help for your marriage can be beneficial and is not a sin. Many Christians seek out counseling services to help them navigate their marriages.
Please be aware that at Online Mental Health Reviews, we want to help normalize and explain mental health.
This video playlist offers a list of 11 mental health therapies that are either free or reasonably priced, as well as six sites you can utilize to find a local provider of optimal health.
By limiting the search results based on criteria like location, ethnicity, and insurance coverage before making a decision, you can get more relevant information.
You must subscribe right away!
We genuinely hope that the remaining post’s information will be beneficial and instructive to you.
Please let us know which mental health service you would like us to buy and test next, as well as any other questions you may have, in the comment box below.
Is It Okay For a Christian To See a Counselor?
It is okay for a Christian to see a counselor.
Seeking counseling and talking to a mental health professional can be beneficial for Christians, as it can help them work through difficult issues in their lives.
Here are some points to consider when deciding whether or not to seek counseling:
- Mental health professionals come from many different beliefs and backgrounds, so it is important to find one that aligns with your faith.
- Talking to your doctor about mental health treatments is strongly encouraged.
- Faith and therapy are not mutually exclusive; millions of people practice both religion and therapy.
- There is no shame in seeking Christian therapy or Christian counseling for a mental health problem.
- It is important to research the qualifications of any therapist you may be considering, as well as their approach to treatment.
For a thought-provoking discussion that draws upon Biblical source materials1, see this PDF titled “Charging Fees for Biblical Counseling“, which tries to answer questions such as:
- Should a ministry relationship, either in its initiation or continuation, ever be conditioned on the payment of a fee?
- Should the fulfillment of a biblical responsibility to care for God’s people ever be conditioned on the payment of a fee?
- Is it biblical to charge fees for biblical counseling?
- Are these questions quickly answered “yes” by a simple reference to scriptures saying the “laborer is worthy of his wages”?
The Benefits of Online Christian Marriage Counseling
When couples experience stress, communication breakdowns, or other issues in their marriages, they often feel like they are alone in working through these issues.
Being alone usually leads to feelings of helplessness, which leads to defensiveness, withdrawal, or trying to regain control through nitpicking.
But this doesn’t have to be the case.
Seeking out professional help can allow couples to learn more about themselves and each other, as well as develop better communication skills and healthier habits when it comes to resolving conflicts.
Online Christian marriage counseling is an especially attractive option for couples who don’t have access to traditional brick-and-mortar counseling services or those who prefer the convenience of meeting with counselors online.
This allows couples to get advice from experienced professionals without having to leave the comfort of their own homes or take time off from work.
Couples can also access a variety of resources on counseling websites that can help them understand the issues they are facing and make progress toward resolving them.
Another benefit of online Christian marriage counseling is that it allows couples to find support through an outlet that is both private and confidential.
While some couples may feel ashamed or embarrassed about seeking outside help for their relationship struggles, online Christian marriage counselors provide a safe space where couples can openly discuss their issues without fear of judgment or criticism.
This helps create a sense of trust between counselors and clients so they can work together toward achieving their goals in a supportive environment.
What Is Christian Marriage Counseling
Christian marriage counseling is a type of therapy that incorporates faith and values into the marriage counseling process with help of a Christian counselor
- Christian Marriage Counseling is a holistic spiritual approach to help couples strengthen their relationship with God, as well as each other.
- Couples seeking Christian marriage counseling can expect to work with a licensed mental health counselor, licensed counseling professional, or marriage and family therapist who has completed additional training in Christian theology and Biblical principles.
- A Christian counselor will help couples identify what issues they are facing and what goals they have for their relationship.
- The counselor will also provide activities that focus on strengthening the couple’s relationship with God, which can help them better understand each other’s needs and how to work together to meet them.
Here are some more benefits of Christian marriage counseling:
- Helps couples gain insight into their relationship from a spiritual perspective
- Provides guidance based on Biblical principles
- Allows couples to explore their individual beliefs while learning how to communicate effectively
- Focuses on developing healthy coping skills for resolving conflicts in the future
What should I expect from Christian marriage counseling?
Christian marriage counseling is a great way to strengthen your relationship and build a strong foundation for your marriage.
Here are some of the things you can expect when seeking Christian-based marriage counseling:
- Expect support for Biblical values and faith
- Expect to be challenged to be honest
- Embrace the opportunity to know yourself better
- Expect guidance in communication, conflict resolution, and forgiveness
- Expect clarity and compassion from your counselor
List of the Best Online Christian Marriage Counseling Services of 2023
Finding the best online Christian marriage counseling services of 2023 can be a daunting task.
Thankfully, there are several options available to help couples in need of marriage counseling.
Here is a list of the top online Christian marriage counseling services of 2023:
- Faithful Counseling: Faithful Counseling offers convenient and affordable online therapy from licensed, board-accredited therapists.
- Cornerstone Christian Counseling: Cornerstone provides professional and compassionate Christian counseling for individuals, couples, and families.
- Chatnow: Chatnow is an online platform that connects people with trained Christian counselors who offer free advice and support.
- Grace Wellness Center: Grace Wellness Center specializes in marriage and family counseling for those seeking faith-based guidance.
- Christian Therapist on Demand: This service provides access to experienced Christian therapists who are available on demand.
- Calmerry: Calmerry is an affordable option for those looking for quality mental health care without breaking the bank.
- Talkspace: Talkspace is a full-service provider offering both individual and couples therapy from licensed professionals.
Christian Marriage Counseling Certificate Online
Are you interested in becoming a Christian marriage counselor?
There are many options available to help you achieve your goal.
To become a certified Christian marriage counselor, you can pursue:
- Marriage and Family Counseling Certification, for example, a Certification in Christian Counseling from Amberton University
- Online Christian Counseling Certificate, for example, from Grand Canyon University
- Additionally, the National Association of Christian Counselors offers various training programs such as the Board Certified Christian Counseling Program.
- You may also consider taking courses on marriage counseling from organizations such as CCEF or Biblical Counseling.
- Finally, there is the Spiritual Christian Counseling Certification offered by AIHCP and the Christian Counseling Certification offered by TEB Seminary.
What Is The Difference Between Christian Counseling and Biblical Counseling?
Christian counseling and Biblical counseling are two distinct forms of therapy that have different approaches to helping individuals.
Christian counseling is a form of psychotherapy that incorporates psychological principles in addition to Biblical teachings, while Biblical counseling focuses solely on the Bible for guidance.
- Christian counselors believe in the power of secular strategies as well as Biblical teachings to help people overcome their issues. They use both psychology and religious scriptures to provide guidance and support.
- On the other hand, biblical counselors rely solely on the Bible for knowledge and understanding, believing it is sufficient for providing counsel.
The main difference between Christian counseling and Biblical counseling is the source of knowledge used during sessions.
- For Christian counselors, this source is both psychology and religious scriptures, while for biblical counselors it is only the Bible.
- Additionally, Christian counselors tend to focus more on God’s love while biblical counselors focus more on His holiness, righteousness, and sovereignty.
In summary, Christian counseling uses psychological principles in addition to Biblical teachings while Biblical counseling relies solely on the Bible for guidance.
The main difference between them lies in the source of knowledge used during sessions; Christian counselors use both psychology and religious scriptures while biblical counselors rely solely on the Bible.
How Much Does Online Christian Counseling Cost?
The cost of online Christian counseling varies depending on the type of service you choose.
Prices for pay-per-session services range from $55-$175 per session, while subscription-based services typically range from $250-$450 per month.
For example, Faith-based mental health provider My Counselor Online (https://mycounselor.online/) charges $252-$450 for subscription counseling and therapy for individuals, teens, and couples.
Faithful Counseling (https://www.faithfulcounseling.com/faq/?id=383) also provides professional mental health therapy from a Biblical perspective at varying costs depending on your needs – at $60-$90 per week ($360-$450 per month).
How Much Does Biblical Counseling Cost?
Biblical counseling can cost anywhere from $50 to $200 per 50-minute session, depending on the experience and professional level of the counselor.
For example, the Biblical Counseling Center (https://bccmi.org/rates-services/) charges $70 per counseling session.
Where Can I Find Free Christian Counseling?
If you’re looking for free Christian counseling, there are a variety of options available.
Please note however most “free” options only offer a limited amount of free sessions. If you want 100% free there are many hotlines and online chats for support.
Nonetheless, here are some of the best places to find free Christian counseling:
- Free Christian Counseling Online (https://freechristiancounseling.online/how-it-works/) provides free and reduced-fee online counseling from trained counselors.
- Focus On The Family offers a network of Christian counselors who provide referral services (https://www.focusonthefamily.com/get-help/counseling-services-and-referrals/).
- Chatnow (https://chatnow.org/) is an online chat that gives you access to Christian volunteers around the clock and provides free peer support through a 24-hour chatline.
- Need Encouragement offers free Christian counseling (https://needencouragement.com/free-christian-counseling/).
What Do You Talk About in Christian Marriage Counseling?
When it comes to Christian marriage counseling, several topics should be discussed.
These include finances, relationship and sexual history, family history, plans, communication and conflict management, expectations of marriage, relationships with in-laws, sexuality, inner world, and respect for each other. It is important to discuss all these topics before getting married to ensure a strong foundation for the marriage.
Some of the questions that may come up during Christian marriage counseling include:
- What are your expectations of marriage?
- How do you plan on managing finances?
- What kind of relationships will you have outside of marriage?
- How will you relate to people of the opposite sex after you are married?
- What does your future look like together?
- How will you manage conflicts between each other?
- How will you communicate with each other effectively?
- What is your sexual history and how will it affect your relationship going forward?
By discussing these topics during Christian marriage counseling sessions, couples can gain insight into their own beliefs and values as well as those of their partner. This can help them create a stronger bond and better understand each other’s needs.
Does Christian Marriage Counseling Work?
Christian marriage counseling can be an effective way to help couples strengthen their relationship and address any issues that may be causing tension or conflict. Here are some of the ways it can work:
- It can provide a safe, non-judgmental space for couples to talk openly about their feelings and experiences.
- It can help couples identify and address areas of disagreement or misunderstanding.
- It can help couples develop new communication skills and strategies for resolving conflicts.
- It can guide how to build trust, respect, and intimacy in the relationship.
- It can equip couples with tools for managing stress and improving overall well-being.
Overall, Christian marriage counseling is a valuable resource for helping couples navigate difficult times in their relationship and build a stronger bond with one another.
Is There a Free Online Christian Counselling Chat 24 7?
Are you looking for a free online Christian Counselling chat 24/7? Look no further! There are several options available to provide you with the help and support you need.
- Chatnow, as mentioned above, provides free peer support through a 24-hour chatline, as well as articles and other resources related to Christian spirituality.
- Anthem of Hope (http://anthemofhope.org/hopeline) provides a safe, private, and free chat service.
- Jesus Cares (https://www.jesuscares.com/) offers a free live chat with someone who cares about your journey.
- Questions God (https://www.questionsgod.com/) provides a safe place to talk live about God and life’s questions with a caring Christian – another solid free, live chat option for Christians.
- Bibles Free (https://biblesfree.org/) provides people with the opportunity to talk about God in a safe environment – also offers a free live chat option.
Is Talkspace Christian?
Talkspace is a platform that provides online therapy services, including Christian-based counseling – but offers other types of therapy as well and is not specifically Christian.
Online Christian Marriage Counseling Conclusion
Having someone impartial and knowledgeable on hand when you are struggling with marital issues can be incredibly helpful and healing for both partners involved.
While there are certainly challenges associated with online Christian marriage counseling—such as learning how to communicate effectively over video conferencing—it remains one of the most accessible ways for Christians who need support in their relationships but do not want to compromise their beliefs by seeking non-christian counselors or therapy services outside of the church setting.
Ultimately, we all need help from time to time – often, the hardest part is simply asking for it! With this said, consider using online Christian marriage counseling if you believe you could use some guidance in your relationship today!
- CHARGING FEES FOR BIBLICAL COUNSELING? (n.d.). In http://www.christiandiscernment.com/. Christian Discernment. Retrieved March 21, 2023, from http://www.christiandiscernment.com/Christian%20Discernment/CD%20PDF/Theology%20pdf/Fees%20Counseling%20Paper.pdf
Additional Christian Resources on Online Mental Health Reviews
If you want to see our coverage, research, and lists of resources for other Christian topics, read below: