NextGen Office is an intelligent platform for small to medium-sized medical offices. It has templates that can be changed, material specific to a specialty, and an integrated patient portal. Unique features include checking registration in real time and meeting multiple users simultaneously. However, it might not work for more extensive practices or those who need unsupported integrations. Even though it gets high marks for its detailed reports and easy-to-use design, some users find it hard to learn. It's perfect for groups that want to be more efficient and make data-based decisions.
- Works on any internet device
- Specialty-specific EHR content
- User-friendly patient portal
- Virtual visits available
- Streamlined workflows
- Improved revenue management
- Supports e-prescribing
- Scheduling communication can lag
- Customer service lacking
- Steep learning curve
- Not for larger practices
- Limited integration support
- No self-hosted solution
Are you searching for a comprehensive, user-friendly EHR and practice management solution for medium-sized practices?
NextGen Office is a cloud-based platform that streamlines clinical workflows, enhances patient engagement, and improves revenue cycle management.
With features like real-time insurance eligibility checks, automatic drug history import, and robust reporting capabilities, NextGen Office is tailored to meet the unique needs of your practice.
But how does it fare regarding mental health awareness, telehealth, and online therapy? Let’s delve into the specifics in our review. Your journey towards making an informed decision starts here!
About NextGen Office
NextGen Office, founded by two primary care doctors in 1998, is a beacon of innovation in healthcare technology. The founders, themselves healthcare providers, recognized the challenges faced by their peers and sought to create a solution that would help physicians deliver top-notch care without letting technology become an obstacle.
NextGen Office was born in line with this mission – a cloud-based EHR and practice management platform tailored for small to medium-sized medical practices.
- The platform’s design focuses on streamlining clinical workflows, enhancing patient engagement, and improving revenue cycle management. It also facilitates interoperability with other healthcare systems, ensuring your practice remains connected and integrated.
- One of the standout features of NextGen Office is its real-time eligibility checks with over 3,000 insurance companies. This feature and automated appointment check-in and reminders ensure smooth operations and improved patient satisfaction.
- Furthermore, the platform offers touch, type, or talk charting options, catering to the diverse needs of healthcare providers.
- NextGen Office has made significant strides in healthcare technology and is recognized as a top-ranked EHR by Surescripts, KLAS, Capterra, and Black Book. Its ONC 2015 certification and mobile-friendly solution further attest to its commitment to quality and convenience.
- Despite its many accolades, NextGen Office continues to evolve. Regular updates are rolled out to enhance its functionality and user experience, providing healthcare providers with a solution that grows with them.
- Partnerships with CoverMyMeds and Doctible have also expanded the platform’s capabilities, offering additional services to healthcare providers.
- While the platform is unsuitable for more extensive, multi-specialty practices or organizations requiring self-hosted solutions, it remains a reliable choice for small and medium-sized practices.
It is worth noting that some users have mentioned a learning curve, pricing concerns, occasional performance issues, and limitations of the mobile application. However, for medium-sized practices, these weaknesses are outweighed by its comprehensive solution, user-friendly interface, and exceptional customer support.
NextGen Office is more than just a software platform; it’s a tool that empowers healthcare providers to deliver the best care possible.
What Makes NextGen Office Unique
NextGen Office is an EHR and practice management platform for small to medium-sized medical practices.
But what makes it truly unique? Let’s dive in!
- Real-time eligibility checks, with connections to over 3,000 insurance companies
- Enhanced appointment management, with features such as patient intake paperwork and automated reminders
- Collaborative workflows enable multiple people to work on the same record.
- Flexible charting options for providers, including voice capture capabilities
- Color-coded test results to help quickly identify abnormalities
- Unlimited picture storage for medical images and visual documentation
- Comprehensive drug history imported from the previous two years
- Streamlined prescriptions and labs through integration with Cover My Meds, Labcorp, and QUEST
- Adaptable billing system providing access to clinical notes within the billing area
NextGen Office Features and Benefits
NextGen Office is a comprehensive, innovative platform reshaping the healthcare landscape. Here’s a list of unique features and benefits that make it truly stand out:
- Streamlined Workflows: Customizable EHR templates and specialty-specific content simplify clinical workflows, allowing you to focus on patient care.
- Enhanced Patient Engagement: The patient portal enables access to health records, communication with healthcare providers, and online appointment scheduling and bill payment.
- Improved Revenue Cycle Management: Manage appointments, billing, and insurance claims efficiently with advanced features.
- E-prescribing Functionality: Reduce errors and streamline the prescription process with integrated e-prescribing.
- Interoperability: Seamless integration with other healthcare systems ensures improved care coordination.
- Powerful Reporting Tools: Leverage data-driven decision-making with comprehensive practice performance reports, provider month-end performance, payer performance, and location-based reports.
- Real-Time Eligibility Checks: Verify insurance eligibility in real-time with connections to over 3,000 insurance companies.
- Efficient Appointment Management: Automated check-in and reminders enhance the patient experience.
- Collaborative Workflows: Multiple users can simultaneously work on the same encounter, promoting teamwork and efficiency.
- Flexible Charting Options: Choose from touch, type, or talk options for convenient charting.
- Color-Coded Results: Easily spot abnormal test results with color-coded results.
- Unlimited Picture Storage: Store unlimited medical images and visual documentation for easy access and reference.
- Comprehensive Drug History: Automatically import a patient’s two-year drug history for a complete view of their health.
- Easy Prescription Management: Streamline prescription management and prior authorization with integration with Cover My Meds.
- Flexible Billing System: Integrated billing system across the platform provides access to clinical notes and prepopulated billing amounts.
- MIPS Reporting: Ensure compliance and eligibility for incentive payments with Merit-Based Incentive Payment System (MIPS) reporting.
- Third-Party Software Integration: Enhance your practice’s functionality with integration support for niche third-party software, HL7 connections, CCDA data feeds, and FHIR APIs.
- Telehealth Capabilities: Offer remote patient monitoring, screen sharing, and wearables integration with telehealth features.
- AI and Machine Learning Capabilities: Leverage advanced AI and machine learning for process automation, patient outcome prediction, and workflow optimization.
- Mobile Application: Access key functionalities on the go with a robust mobile application.
Who is NextGen Office Best For (And Not For)
So, NextGen Office is a comprehensive telehealth platform lauded for its robust features and user-friendly interface.
But is it the right fit for everyone? Let’s explore.
NextGen Office: A Good Fit For…
Small to Medium-Sized Practices
NextGen Office was specifically designed with small to medium-sized practices in mind. If your course falls into this category, you’ll appreciate the platform’s scalability and customizable templates that cater to your unique needs.
Practices Prioritizing Patient Engagement
NextGen Office could be your perfect match if your practice values patient engagement. Its patient portal fosters communication between patients and healthcare providers, enabling the scheduling of appointments, access to health records, and online bill payments.
Practices Seeking Streamlined Workflows
Are administrative tasks eating up your valuable time? NextGen Office’s streamlined workflows, real-time eligibility checks, and automated appointment management can help you reclaim your day.
Practices Embracing Telehealth
With the rise of telehealth, practices offering online therapy or remote patient monitoring will find NextGen Office particularly beneficial. Its telehealth features allow you to provide top-notch care regardless of geographical barriers.
However, NextGen Office Might Not Be Suitable For…
Large or Multi-Specialty Practices
While NextGen Office excels in serving smaller practices, larger or multi-specialty practices might need to be more accommodating. The platform’s focus on small to medium-sized practices means it may need more functionalities required by large-scale operations.
Organizations Requiring Self-Hosted Solutions
If your organization prefers self-hosted solutions for data security or other reasons, there might be a better fit than NextGen Office. As a cloud-based platform, it may not meet the specific needs of practices with strict self-hosting policies.
Practices on a Tight Budget
While NextGen Office offers a robust suite of features, it might not be the most budget-friendly option for some practices. If cost is a significant concern, weighing the benefits against the investment is essential.
Overall, we give NextGen Office a Quality Score of (3.9/5)
NextGen Office Pros, Advantages, and Strengths
NextGen Office is a beacon of innovation in telehealth and online therapy. But what makes it so unique? Let’s delve into its pros, advantages, and strengths:
1. User-Friendly: NextGen Office is designed with users in mind. Its intuitive interface allows easy navigation, making your experience smooth and hassle-free.
2. Customizable: Every practice is unique, and NextGen understands this. You can tailor the platform to your specific needs with customizable EHR templates.
3. Accessible: NextGen Office is at work or on the go. It’s a cloud-based solution that is accessible from any device with an internet connection.
4. Empowers Patient Engagement: NextGen Office takes patient engagement to a new level. The patient portal offers access to health records, appointment scheduling, and online bill payments.
5. Streamlines Operations: From real-time eligibility checks to automated appointment management, NextGen Office streamlines operations, freeing up more time for patient care.
6. Efficient Reporting Tools: Drive your practice forward using powerful reporting tools that offer insightful data and performance metrics.
NextGen Office Cons
While NextGen Office is an impressive solution for many practices, it’s essential to understand its potential downsides. Here are some of the cons, disadvantages, and weaknesses:
1. Learning Curve: NextGen Office can initially be complex. It may require some time and patience to grasp its functionalities fully.
2. More Suitable for Small to Medium Practices: Larger or multi-specialty practices may find NextGen Office needing more advanced operating features.
3. Limited Telehealth Features: While NextGen Office offers telehealth capabilities, they are less comprehensive than some competitors.
4. Cost: The subscription-based pricing model may be steep for smaller practices operating on a tight budget.
5. Mobile App Limitations: While convenient, the mobile app has limitations compared to the desktop version.
Overall, we give NextGen Office a Design Score of (4.0/5)
NextGen Office Third-Party Reviews
- 4.0/5 with 1,248 Reviews > GetApp
- 4.0/5 with 1248 Reviews > Capterra
- 4.0/10 with 1248 Reviews > Software Advice
- 3.7/10 with 147 Reviews > G2
- 4.0/10 with 87 Reviews > Software Finder
Overall, we give NextGen Office a Third-Party Review Score of (4.0/5)
How Much Does NextGen Office Cost
Forbes says NextGen Office costs $299 to $549 per provider per month, with different prices for doctors and nurses.
While NextGen Office’s price exceeds other EHR pricing per month, the cost becomes reasonable from a mid-to large-scale perspective for which NextGen Office is intended.
Overall, we give NextGen Office a Cost Review Score of (4.2/5)
NextGen Office – Free Trial, Discounts, How To Cancel, etc
Free Trial – Try Before You Buy
NextGen Office understands that choosing the right platform can be a daunting task. To ease this process, they offer a free demo! This lets you explore the platform’s features and capabilities, ensuring it’s the perfect fit for your practice before committing.
How to Cancel – No Strings Attached
While we’re confident you’ll find great value in NextGen Office, we understand that circumstances can change. We recommend contacting NextGen Office’s customer support directly if you need to cancel your subscription. They’ll guide you through the cancellation process.
Discounts – Making It Affordable
NextGen Office’s pricing is based on the size of the practice and the specific features required. While the pricing model may seem steep for smaller practices, NextGen Office regularly offers discounts and promotions. Keep an eye out for these to make the most of your investment!
Strengths – What Makes It Shine?
NextGen Office boasts an impressive rating of 4.0 based on user reviews. Users appreciate the ability to schedule appointments online and access medical records and the convenience of accessing the platform from anywhere. The patient portal is a standout feature that allows patients to pay their bills directly and offers a secure method for settling outstanding balances.
Weaknesses – Room for Improvement
Despite its many strengths, there are areas where NextGen Office needs to improve. Some users have mentioned issues with communication and customer support. The platform may not be suitable for more extensive, multi-specialty practices or organizations requiring self-hosted solutions. Moreover, while NextGen Office does offer telehealth capabilities, some competitors have more advanced features in this area.
Partnerships – Collaborating for Better Care
NextGen Office has partnered with CoverMyMeds for electronic prior authorization and with Doctible for patient communication and retention. These strategic partnerships further enhance the platform’s capabilities, offering a comprehensive solution to practices.
While it may have its weaknesses, its strengths and the value it brings to minor to medium-sized practices must be considered. Whether you’re just starting or looking to upgrade your current system, NextGen Office could be a game-changer for your practice.
Is NextGen Office Legit Conclusion
NextGen Office is a highly-rated, cloud-based EHR and practice management platform for small to medium-sized independent practices. Its features range from real-time eligibility checks to customizable dashboards, enhancing efficiency and patient care.
With partnerships with CoverMyMeds and Doctible, it further expands its capabilities in electronic prior authorizations and patient communication. However, better solutions for more extensive, multi-specialty practices or those requiring self-hosted solutions may exist.
NextGen Office is a legitimate, well-regarded solution in the telehealth industry, offering a versatile toolset that can revolutionize your practice operations. It’s your turn to decide if it fits your practice perfectly!
NextGen Office Review
Name: NextGen Office
Description: Smart platform for small to medium-sized medical practices is NextGen Office. An integrated patient portal, customizable templates, and specialty-specific information are available. Real-time eligibility checks and multi-user encounters are unique. Larger practices or those seeking unsupported integrations may not like it. Users like its extensive reporting and user-friendly layout, although the learning curve is significant. It suits efficient, data-driven methods.
Offer price: $299 to $549 / Provider / Month
Operating System: Online Software
Application Category: Electronic Health Records
Author: Online Mental Health Reviews