Are you considering using Talkspace for your mental health needs? You’re probably wondering what the cost is and if it’s worth it.
Let’s take a look at how Talkspace pricing works, what you can expect to pay, and how to get the most out of your subscription.
Please know that we’ve bought, tested, and thoroughly explored Talkspace. You can see our video documentation in the playlist below:
How Talkspace Pricing Works
Talkspace pricing is based on the services you choose and how often you want to communicate with your therapist in live therapy sessions.
The basic plans for Talkspace Online Therapy and Talkspace Teen Therapy include unlimited messaging with a licensed therapist ($69 per week), but if you want more frequent contact, such as video or audio calling, then you will need to upgrade to one of their other plans($99 or with workshop then $109 per week).
Talkspace also offers a flat rate monthly Talkspace Couples Therapy plan ($365). Finally, Talkspace provides a Psychiatry bundle.
All plans also include access to self-care tools, including guided activities and tracking for moods and physical activity. See the pricing table below for more info:
Only Messaging Therapy
Video + Messaging Therapy
Video + Messaging Workshop
How Does Talkspace Therapy Work?
Talkspace is an online therapy service that provides personalized, high-quality mental health services.
Here’s how it works:
- You sign up for Talkspace and complete a brief assessment to match you with a licensed therapist within your state of residence.
- You can communicate with your therapist through text, audio, or video messages at any time from your phone or computer.
- Your therapist will respond to your messages within 24 hours, and you can schedule live video sessions as needed.
- Talkspace offers a variety of therapy options, including individual therapy, couples therapy, and teen counseling.
Most importantly, Talkspace is accessible through insurance and Employee Assistance Programs (EAPs) for over 60 million Americans1.
With its convenience and accessibility, Talkspace has become a popular option for those seeking professional mental health support.
How Much Does Talkspace Cost?
If you’re wondering how much Talkspace costs, it depends on the plan you choose.
Without insurance, Talkspace plans range in price from $276 to $436 per month. However, you can save significantly if you prepay for a quarterly (10%) or six-month plan (20%).
The minimum cost for Talkspace online psychiatry is $249 for an initial appointment and then you can purchase bundles for follow-ups.
List Of Talkspace Prices For Every Plan, Subscription, and Service
Cost Of Every Talkspace Payment Plan Option
ONLINE THERAPY - MESSAGING
$276.00 / Month
ONLINE THERAPY - VIDEO + MESSAGING
$396.00 / Month
ONLINE THERAPY - VIDEO + MESSAGING + WORKSHOPS
$436.00 / Month
TEEN THERAPY - MESSAGING
$276.00 / Month
TEEN THERAPY - VIDEO + MESSAGING
$396.00 / Month
TEEN THERAPY - VIDEO + MESSAGING + WORKSHOPS
$436.00 / Month
$365.00 / Month
$249.00 / Initial Evaluation
Does Talkspace Offer Discounts or a Free Trial?
If you’re wondering whether Talkspace offers discounts or a free trial, the answer is no.
Talkspace communication methods
If you’re wondering about Talkspace communication methods, there are several options available to you. Talkspace offers unlimited messaging therapy, which allows you to communicate with your therapist via secure and private messaging in a dedicated “room”.
You can also choose to communicate through audio and video messages if texting isn’t your preferred method.
All data is encrypted on the servers, and all communication between the user and therapist is kept safe.
With these various communication methods available, you can choose the one that works best for you and get the support you need from licensed therapists at any time.
The user interface of Talkspace is smooth, fast, and mostly error free.
Talkspace Medication Management
If you are considering Talkspace for medication management, here are some key points to keep in mind:
- Talkspace offers online psychiatric care and medication management services with licensed prescribers, including both nurse practitioners and psychiatrists.
- If you sign up for Talkspace’s psychiatry plan, you can receive medication management for some mental health conditions.
- An initial psychiatric assessment is required before starting medication management, which includes a review of your medical history and current symptoms.
- Talkspace’s prescribers can diagnose mental illnesses and prescribe medications as needed. They may also recommend therapy or other treatments in addition to medication.
- Talkspace’s platform allows you to communicate with your prescriber via text, audio, or video messages at your convenience.
Overall, Talkspace offers a convenient option for those seeking online medication management services from licensed professionals.
Talkspace treatment methods
If you’re considering Talkspace for your mental health treatment, it’s important to understand the different methods they offer.
Talkspace provides a variety of therapy options that can be tailored to your specific needs. Here are some of the treatment methods available through Talkspace:
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT): This type of therapy focuses on identifying and changing negative thought patterns and behaviors.
- Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT): DBT is often used to treat borderline personality disorder and involves developing skills to manage emotions and improve relationships.
- Mindfulness-Based Cognitive Therapy (MBCT): MBCT combines cognitive therapy with mindfulness practices to help you better understand and manage your thoughts and emotions.
Talkspace also offers medication management services for those who may benefit from prescription medication in addition to therapy.
It’s important to note that while online therapy can be effective, it may not be suitable for everyone. It’s always best to consult with a licensed mental health professional to determine the best course of treatment for you.
Is there a free version of Talkspace?
If you’re wondering if there is a free version of Talkspace, the answer is no. However, Talkspace offers pricing plans that are designed to fit different budgets and needs.
Can you talk to a therapist for free online?
Yes, you can talk to a therapist for free online. Several reputable websites offer free online therapy chats with licensed professionals or trained volunteers.
Here are some of the best options available in 2023:
- eTherapyPro: This website offers a free online therapy chat with licensed therapists who specialize in anxiety and stress management.
- Free Online Therapy: This organization provides a 24-hour online therapy chat room for people struggling with anxiety, depression, and other mental health issues.
- 7 Cups: This website offers free online therapy chats with trained listeners who provide emotional support and guidance.
It’s important to note that while these services are free, they may have limitations such as limited sessions or only offering support from non-professionals.
If you need more comprehensive treatment, it’s recommended to seek out a licensed therapist who can provide personalized care.
However, these resources can be a great starting point for those who need immediate support or cannot afford traditional therapy.
Using Talkspace for mental health care can provide much-needed support when life gets overwhelming.
With its tiered pricing structure, TalkSpace allows customers to find a plan that fits their budget while still receiving quality care from trained professionals without ever having to leave home.
However, Talkspace is best when you already have insurance in our opinion.
Third Party Reviews
Pricing / Insurance
Talkspace is best if you’re new to therapy, have insurance, and looking for online convenience for mild to moderate mental health struggles.
Get $100 off your first month with code SPACE at Talkspace.com.
- No commuting with flexible online sessions from home
- Multiple subscription plans available
- Quick signup with user-friendly platform and app
- Constant access with round-the-clock text messages and live chats available
- You can choose your therapist from three options, allowing you to somewhat customize your experience
- Serves all 50 states
- You can switch therapists whenever you want at no extra cost.
- Has an easy-to-navigate app
- High user satisfaction
- Flexible plans, accepted by most health insurers and contract-free
- The service can connect you with a psychiatrist who can evaluate you and prescribe medication that you can pick up from your local pharmacy
- Provides individual therapy, couples, and teen therapy
- All sessions with well-qualified therapists
- The platform encrypts your conversations and offers a password-secured login system to keep your data private.
- Providers and AI algorithm choose 3 therapists for you
- No group or family counseling sessions
- Exact pricing only revealed upon sign-up
- Most affordable plan is messaging-only
- Text therapy may not be suitable for everyone as it may feel impersonal due to automated messages
- No sliding scale or financial aid options available
- Medicare and Medicaid do not cover services
- Live sessions are only 30 minutes long and must be purchased with higher-priced plans
- Overall best suited for cases of anxiety or depression
- If cancelled within the month, Talkspace will still charge the subscriber for the entire month
- AI analysis may be done on conversations with your therapist
- Chat history cannot be deleted
- Some misleading claims