$60-90 Per Week
$60-$90 / Week
- Specialized mental health support for LGBTQ+
- Various communication modes available
- Unlimited messaging service
- Reasonable pricing range
- Easy cancellation process
- Discounts and financial aid available
- No medication management or psychiatry
- Unclear therapist training specifics
- No insurance accepted
- Parent company BetterHelp has privacy issues
- Tailored therapy for LGBTQ+ individuals
- Unlimited messaging with therapists
- App availability for user convenience
- Affordable, flexible subscription plans
- Wide range of mental health issues treated
- LGBTQ+ therapist preference option
- Best out-of-pocket online therapy prices
- Unlimited messaging
- Includes 45 min weekly phone or video therapy session
- Additional 1 group therapy per week included
- Additional 1 live mental health workshop per week
- Specialized counselors available
- Choose from largest pool of licensed therapists
- Financial assistance frequently given
- No long-term contracts required
- Global accessibility
- Does not accept insurance
- Does not dispense medications
- Messaging is around 1~ response per weekday
- Most affordable self-paying online therapy
- Simple pricing with financial aid
- All therapists are at least state licensed
- Up to 3 live therapy sessions per week included in base rate
- #1 app for online therapy on both Google Play and Apple Store
In the pursuit of finding the best platform for LGBTQ+ therapy, you might find yourself torn between Pride Counseling and BetterHelp.
As the Online Mental Health Review team, we’re here to provide clarity on this matter. Our expertise lies in analyzing and comparing various online mental health platforms to help you make an informed choice. We understand the unique challenges faced by the LGBTQ+ community and the importance of finding a safe, inclusive, and effective platform for therapy.
Choosing the right therapy platform can be a daunting task, especially when considering factors such as therapist qualifications, types of therapy offered, cost, and ease of use. In this comparison, we’ll delve into these aspects and more, addressing your main concerns and key considerations. Remember, our goal is to guide you towards a platform that not only meets your needs but also resonates with your personal experiences and journey.
After rigorous evaluation and comparison, we believe that BetterHelp, despite being the parent company of Pride Counseling, provides a superior platform for LGBTQ+ therapy. Although Pride Counseling specializes in LGBTQ+ therapy and offers more responsive messaging, BetterHelp goes a step further. It offers weekly group therapy and live mental health classes at no extra cost, benefits not provided by Pride Counseling.
While both platforms have their merits, we find BetterHelp’s comprehensive approach more beneficial in providing a supportive and enriching therapeutic experience.
Pride Counseling vs BetterHelp: Pricing Comparison
When selecting an online therapy platform, cost is a critical factor. Let’s delve into a detailed comparison of the pricing structures between Pride Counseling and BetterHelp.
Pride Counseling Pricing:
- Standard Subscription: The typical cost of Pride Counseling ranges from $60 to $90 per week. This subscription includes up to four video, audio, or live chat sessions per month.
- Billing Frequency: You’ll be billed every four weeks.
- Insurance: Unfortunately, Pride Counseling does not accept insurance.
- Standard Subscription: Like Pride Counseling, BetterHelp costs between $60 and $90 weekly. The same number of sessions, four.
- Billing Frequency: Similar to Pride Counseling, BetterHelp bills users every four weeks.
- Insurance: BetterHelp does not accept traditional insurance but does take HSA and FSA cards and is covered by most HSA and FSA plans.
From this comparison, it’s clear that both platforms offer similar pricing ranges. If you have an HSA or FSA plan, BetterHelp could be more cost-effective.
Overall, it’s a tie.
Pride Counseling vs BetterHelp: Feature Comparison
Both Pride Counseling and BetterHelp offer unlimited messaging with therapists. However, the way these platforms handle this feature slightly differs.
With Pride Counseling, you’re provided with ongoing support through unlimited text communication with therapists between live sessions. This means you can reach out to your therapist anytime you need help or have something on your mind.
On the other hand, BetterHelp also offers unlimited messaging, but our experience shows that BetterHelp therapists reply about 1x per day during weekdays.
Winner: The winner in terms of unlimited messaging is Pride Counseling due to their clear emphasis on providing ongoing support outside of scheduled sessions.
Therapy Session Formats
BetterHelp stands out in this category by offering weekly therapy sessions in various formats: online video, phone, or live chat. This flexibility allows you to choose the most comfortable medium, giving you a personalized therapy experience.
While Pride Counseling does offer these formats, they don’t emphasize the flexibility of choice as much as BetterHelp does.
Winner: BetterHelp takes the lead here, emphasizing flexible therapy session formats.
BetterHelp offers optional group support sessions led by therapists, allowing you to share your experiences and learn from others in a safe, supportive environment. This feature is unique to BetterHelp and is not offered by Pride Counseling, making it a standout feature for those seeking communal support.
Winner: BetterHelp is the clear winner in this category.
BetterHelp allows you to switch therapists anytime if you feel you’re not clicking with your current one. This feature ensures that you get the best-qualified match for your needs. Pride Counseling doesn’t explicitly offer this feature, making BetterHelp the winner in this category.
Winner: BetterHelp wins by offering the option to switch therapists anytime.
Pricing and Financial Assistance
Pride Counseling offers affordable weekly or monthly subscription plans, varying based on location and demand. However, BetterHelp offers financial aid to qualified individuals, making therapy more accessible to those with financial constraints.
Winner: BetterHelp wins due to its provision of financial assistance.
Both Pride Counseling and BetterHelp have user-friendly apps that enhance convenience for users. These apps allow for easy sign-up, messaging, and scheduling appointments with therapists.
Winner: It’s a tie! Both platforms excel in providing convenient, user-friendly apps.
Treatment of a Wide Range of Issues
Pride Counseling shines in this category by addressing a comprehensive list of mental health concerns, including stress, anxiety, depression, addiction, trauma, and LGBTQ+ identity issues. While BetterHelp treats many issues, Pride Counseling explicitly mentions LGBTQ+ identity issues, making it a more inclusive platform.
Winner: Pride Counseling wins in this category due to its explicit inclusion of LGBTQ+ identity issues.
BetterHelp matches you with a therapist based on your preferences for age, gender, or LGBTQ+ inclusivity using an algorithm. This feature ensures you’re paired with a therapist who best meets your needs. Pride Counseling doesn’t offer this feature, making BetterHelp the winner in this category.
Winner: BetterHelp wins with its algorithm-based therapist matching.
Pride Counseling and BetterHelp offer impressive features but excel in different areas. If unlimited messaging and treatment of a wide range of issues, including LGBTQ+ identity issues, are important to you, Pride Counseling may be the better choice.
However, if you value flexible therapy session formats, the option to switch therapists anytime, and algorithm-based therapist matching, BetterHelp could be your better platform.
Ultimately, the best platform will depend on your unique needs and preferences.
Review Comparison: Pride Counseling vs BetterHelp
When choosing an online therapy platform, one of the best ways to gauge its effectiveness and reliability is through third-party reviews. These reviews provide real insights from users who have experienced the services firsthand.
Let’s delve into a detailed comparison of the review scores for Pride Counseling and BetterHelp.
Pride Counseling Reviews:
- Apple App Store: Pride Counseling scores 4.6/5 from 1,400 ratings.
- Google Play Store: The platform scored 4.7/5 from 691 reviews.
- Trustpilot: Pride Counseling received a rating of 3.7/5 from 10 reviews.
- Better Business Bureau (BBB): With a perfect score, Pride Counseling received 5/5 from 4 customer reviews.
- Trustpilot: BetterHelp has a score of 4.5/5 from a substantial 6,351 reviews.
- Google Play Store: The platform scored a high 4.6/5 from 43,084 votes.
- Apple App Store: BetterHelp outperforms with a rating of 4.8/5 from a significant 115,560 reviews.
- Better Business Bureau (BBB): BetterHelp received a good score of 4.05/5 from 550 comments.
From this comparison, it’s clear that both platforms have generally positive reviews.
However, BetterHelp shines with higher ratings from a significantly more significant number of reviewers across multiple platforms, particularly on the App Store and Google Play Store. This suggests that more users were satisfied with the services provided by BetterHelp.
On the other hand, Pride Counseling also has strong ratings, notably a perfect score on BBB, albeit from a smaller number of reviewers. The fewer reviews might be due to Pride Counseling’s specific focus on the LGBTQ+ community, leading to a smaller user base than BetterHelp.
BetterHelp seems to have the edge regarding review scores due to its higher ratings from many users. However, this doesn’t mean Pride Counseling falls short. They also boast high ratings, demonstrating their commitment to providing quality mental health services for the LGBTQ+ community.
So, if we’re looking purely at review scores and volume, BetterHelp takes the lead.
But remember, the best platform for you will depend on your unique needs and preferences. Both platforms offer supportive, inclusive spaces for therapy – it’s about finding the one that resonates with you the most.
Alternatives to Pride Counseling and BetterHelp for LGBTQ+ Therapy
While both Pride Counseling and BetterHelp offer excellent platforms for LGBTQ+ therapy, it’s always a good idea to explore other options to ensure you find the best fit for your specific needs.
Here are some alternatives:
- Talkspace: This online therapy service offers a range of services from licensed therapists, including options specifically for LGBTQ+ individuals. If you’re looking for a platform that focuses on messaging therapy and offers flexible pricing plans, Talkspace might be just what you need.
- Specialized LGBTQ+ Therapy Center: This center caters specifically to LGBTQ+ therapy services with therapists who specialize in this area. This might be an ideal choice if you prefer a more specialized approach to your therapy.
- Kip Therapy: Kip Therapy focuses on LGBTQ+ mental health, offering online therapy services tailored to the unique mental health concerns of the LGBTQ+ community. If you’re looking for a therapy service that focuses specifically on LGBTQ+ mental health, Kip Therapy could be the right fit.
- Therapy Directory for LGBTQ+ Therapists of Color: This network connects individuals with LGBTQ+ therapists of color. If you’re seeking therapy from an LGBTQ+ therapist of color, this directory could be a valuable resource.
- Cerebral: Cerebral provides a broader range of mental health services, including therapy and psychiatric medication management. Cerebral could be a good alternative if you’re seeking a combination of therapy and psychiatric medication management.
- ReGain: ReGain is a platform specializing in relationship counseling, offering private and joint sessions for individuals. If you’re seeking relationship counseling, whether as an individual or a couple, ReGain could be the right choice.
- Teen Counseling: Geared towards teenagers, Teen Counseling supports various mental health concerns. This could be an excellent option if you’re a teenager seeking mental health support.
Conclusion: Pride Counseling vs BetterHelp
In conclusion, both Pride Counseling and BetterHelp have their own unique strengths when it comes to providing online therapy for the LGBTQ+ community. Pride Counseling, with its dedicated focus on LGBTQ+ issues and responsive messaging, is a commendable platform that provides much-needed support and guidance. However, when compared to its parent company, BetterHelp, it falls short in certain areas.
BetterHelp shines with its comprehensive features and additional resources. Its provision of weekly group therapy and live mental health classes at no extra cost sets it apart from Pride Counseling. These added benefits provide an enriched therapeutic experience, fostering a sense of community and ongoing learning. Moreover, the same therapists and counselors that can be found on Pride Counseling are also available on BetterHelp, ensuring that you don’t miss out on any specialized expertise.
If you’re seeking an all-rounded online therapy platform that caters to the LGBTQ+ community, BetterHelp is your best bet. Its extensive services and support make it the superior option. However, if your primary concern is more responsive messaging, then Pride Counseling would be the better choice.
At the end of the day, the decision rests on your personal needs and preferences. Regardless of which platform you choose, prioritizing your mental health is the most important step. Remember, you deserve to find a therapy solution that resonates with your unique experiences and journey.