Overall, Stellar Sleep is the best app for insomniacs who desire an evidence-based CBT-I sleep training program to fall asleep faster and remain asleep.
- Developed by Harvard researchers
- Supported by meta-analysis evidence
- User-Friendly – great design, step-by-step training
- Unique offering on the sleep app marketplace (only offers CBT-I)
- CBT-I treatment requires discipline
- Sleep restriction challenging in beginning
- Cost ($63/month after 7 day free trial)
- Core CBT-I sleep curriculum
- Library of nature sounds
- Breathing exercises
- Progressive muscle relaxation exercises
- Bedtime stories
- Sleep music
- Guided meditations
In the silent hours of the night, when the world seemingly slows down, many are left staring at their ceiling, trapped in a cycle of restless thoughts and sleepless frustration.
Sleep, a fundamental necessity so often taken for granted, becomes a coveted luxury for those grappling with insomnia.
The quest for a good night’s sleep has led many to the doorstep of various solutions, but navigating the market of insomnia treatments can feel like traversing a labyrinth. There are countless options, each promising restful nights and refreshed mornings.
Our team bought, tested, and used Stellar Sleep to help you clarify the world of online sleep treatment.
- In a nutshell, Stellar Sleep is an evidence-based mobile sleep solution for insomnia.
- Stellar Sleep uses a strict training protocol based on Cognitive Behavioral Therapy – Insomnia (CBT-I)
- Stellar Sleep is pricier ($63/month) than other free sleep apps.
Overall, Stellar Sleep is best for insomniacs who want to try a disciplined sleep training program based on CBT-I treatment to fall asleep faster and stay asleep.
If you follow the Stellar Sleep program, you’ll eliminate your insomnia, but the program is challenging.
In this review article, we dive deep into the world of Stellar Sleep, examining its claims, dissecting its features, and ultimately determining whether it lives up to its promise.
Whether you’re a long-time insomniac or occasionally struggle with sleep, this review guides you toward understanding this innovative, mobile, evidence-based solution.
So, let’s embark on this journey together in pursuit of those elusive, peaceful nights. After all, good sleep isn’t just a dream—it can be your reality.
About Stellar Sleep – What Makes It Unique?
The Stellar Sleep program stands out for its unique approach to insomnia treatment.
What makes Stellar Sleep unique is the combination of CBT-I treatment on a mobile app. While other sleep apps exist (Calm, Headspace, etc), being a strictly CBT-I app is ultimately what separates Stellar Sleep.
- CBT-I is an evidence-based approach to treating insomnia. For example, in a CBT-I meta-analysis, the NIH states, “CBT-I produces clinically significant effects that last up to a year after therapy.“
- The development of Stellar Sleep was made possible through collaborations with top sleep psychologists at Harvard and other leading institutions.
In a market saturated with sleep aids, Stellar Sleep differentiates itself as a CBT-I mobile treatment option for those struggling with insomnia.
Our Experience with Stellar Sleep: A Journey Towards Better Rest
Navigating the world of sleep can be daunting, but our team found a guiding light in Stellar Sleep. Here’s our honest review.
The Challenge of Routine
Adapting to a strict schedule was initially a hurdle for us. Balancing work, personal life, and a regimented sleep routine seemed like a mammoth task. However, Stellar Sleep provided excellent tools and detailed yet simple step-by-step instructions that simplified the process. The app didn’t just tell us what to do—it showed us how.
Gradual Learning, Sustainable Results
One aspect that we particularly appreciated about Stellar Sleep was its incremental teaching approach. The concepts were introduced gradually, ensuring we never felt overwhelmed. This method made learning enjoyable and manageable, allowing us to absorb and implement the strategies effectively.
Tailored 30-Day Training Program
Stellar Sleep offers a personalized 30-day training program based on your sleep-tracking data. We found this feature incredibly useful as it allowed us to understand our sleep patterns better and make necessary adjustments.
The principles that Stellar Sleep operates on are refreshing and unique. One such principle is the “Paradox of Trying to Fall Asleep”—the idea that the harder you try to sleep, the more elusive it becomes. This concept resonated with us deeply and changed our perspective on sleep.
A Science-Backed Approach
The strict, scientific protocol it follows set Stellar Sleep apart for us. The app is based on Cognitive Behavioral Therapy for Insomnia (CBT-I), a proven method for improving sleep. Stellar Sleep takes pride in being a disciplined, science-based app that focuses solely on CBT-I.
Overall, we were truly impressed by Stellar Sleep. Its science-backed approach, user-friendly interface, and unique principles demonstrated its commitment to helping users sleep better.
However, it’s important to note a few downsides. The price point may be steep for some, and the program can be challenging. Stellar Sleep is upfront about the difficulty level of their program, but they assure users that if they stick with it, it works. And from our experience, we can vouch for that!
In the realm of mental health and telehealth, Stellar Sleep is an innovative tool that bridges the gap between knowledge and application, helping individuals make informed decisions about their sleep health. It’s not just an app—it’s a companion on the journey towards better rest.
Overall, we give Stellar Sleep a Quality Score of 4.8/5.
Additional Unique Features and Benefits
There are several key advantages to using the Stellar Sleep app:
- Developed by Experts: The app was developed in collaboration with top sleep psychologists and experts from Harvard Medical School. This ensures that the strategies and techniques provided in the app are backed by scientific research and proven effective.
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy for Insomnia (CBT-I) Approach: The app uses a CBT-I, the recommended line of treatment for insomnia.
- Customized Sleep Plans: The Stellar Sleep app offers a sleep quiz that helps create personalized sleep plans for its users. This customization ensures a more targeted and practical approach to improving sleep.
- Comprehensive But Simple Resources: Besides CBT lessons, the app provides resources like breathing exercises and training videos to help users fall asleep faster and stay asleep longer.
- Proven Results: Over 10,000 people have used this app to improve their sleep, indicating its effectiveness and reliability. Most importantly, the app directly represents CBT-I, an evidence-based therapy for insomnia.
Overall, the Stellar Sleep app stands out due to its expert-backed development, use of CBT-I, personalized sleep plans, comprehensive resources, proven results, user-friendly design, recognition, and broad reach.
These benefits make it an effective tool for individuals struggling with sleep issues, particularly insomnia.
Overall, we give Stellar Sleep a Design Score of 4.1/5
Stellar Sleep Third-Party Reviews
- 4.4 out of 5 average score from 149 ratings – Apple Play Store
- 100/100 “The trust rating is high” score from Scam Adviser
- 4.4 out of 5 average scores from 173 ratings – Qonversion
- 4.3 out of 5 average score from 202 ratings – Google App Store
While Stellar Sleep is new, nonetheless, our main criticism of Stellar Sleep’s third-party reviews is the limited amount of reviews! However, there are also no negative reviews either.
Overall, we give Stellar Sleep a Third-Party Review Score of 4.2/5.
Who is Stellar Sleep Best For
We believe two types of people fit the bill for Stellar Sleep.
- People living with Chronic Insomnia: Individuals experiencing persistent difficulty falling asleep, staying asleep, or waking up too early could find value in Stellar Sleep’s CBT-based approach.
- Want CBT-I Approach: You must buy into the science of CBT-I for this app to work for you. The app is challenging and requires commitment, and if you are not sold on CBT-I, this program is not for you.
Who Should Not Use Stellar Sleep
While Stellar Sleep benefits many people struggling with sleep, it is definitely not suitable for everyone. Here’s a list of individuals for whom Stellar Sleep might not be the best fit:
- Not A Fan of CBT-I: If you are not a fan of CBT-I, this approach is not for you.
- Non-Tech-Savvy Individuals: Older adults or others who are not comfortable using smartphone apps might find it challenging to navigate and utilize Stellar Sleep effectively.
- People with Unstable Schedules: Individuals with unpredictable schedules, like on-call workers, might need help sticking to the regular sleep routines Stellar Sleep recommends.
- People Expecting Instant Results: Stellar Sleep is based on cognitive behavioral therapy, which typically requires consistent application over time to see results. Those expecting immediate improvements in their sleep might be disappointed.
- Those Not Committed to Change: Stellar Sleep requires users to actively engage with its techniques and change their behaviors and mindset around sleep. If someone isn’t ready or willing to commit to this process, they might not benefit from the program.
- Limited Budget: Stellar Sleep costs $63/month after the free trial; if your budget is tight, Stellar Sleep might not be for you.
To put things bluntly, you really must want CBT-I treatment. It’ll work, but CBT-I is challenging. Consider yourself warned!
How CBT-I and Stellar Sleep Work
Stellar Sleep leverages the principles of Cognitive Behavioral Therapy for Insomnia (CBT-I) to help users achieve restful sleep.
Here’s how it utilizes each principle:
- Cognitive Restructuring (Paradoxical Intention): This technique allows users to change their mindset about rest. It encourages them to remain passively awake rather than trying hard to fall asleep, often leading to anxiety and further sleeplessness.
- Stimulus Control: This involves only using the bed for sleep and intimate activities to strengthen the association between bed and sleep.
- Sleep Restriction: Sounds scary! But this principle is the main key! This involves a strict sleep schedule to improve sleep efficiency.
- Set a fixed wake-up time and only go to bed when feeling sleepy.
- Avoid naps during the day.
- Gradually extending sleep time as sleep efficiency improves.
- Relaxation Technique Training: Stellar Sleep provides various relaxation techniques to help users unwind and prepare for sleep.
- Habit Building: Consistency is vital in overcoming insomnia. Stellar Sleep encourages users to build healthy sleep habits through the following:
By integrating these CBT-I principles, Stellar Sleep provides a comprehensive and practical approach to managing insomnia. With consistent use, users can expect to see improvements in their sleep quality and overall well-being.
We appreciate their evidence-based approach!
How Much Does Stellar Sleep Cost
The Stellar Sleep app is available for 7 days of free use, costing $63 per month for three months.
However, you can cancel before your next payment. Additionally, Stellar Sleep offers a 30-day, no-questions-asked money-back guarantee.
Following your 7-day trial, you will be charged for 3 months ($188), and your subscription will automatically renew every 3 months after that.
While Stellar Sleep is evidence-based and high-quality, many cheaper alternatives exist. $63/month is on the higher pricing side for sleep apps.
Nonetheless, Stellar Sleep is marketed fairly and is evidence-based. While more expensive, the price is justified to some significant degree.
Overall, we give Stellar Sleep a Cost Score of 3.5/5.
Is Stellar Sleep Legit Conclusion
In conclusion, Stellar Sleep is a legitimate digital health service designed to improve sleep quality with cognitive behavioral therapy for insomnia (CBT-I).
It offers evidence-based techniques and has been clinically proven to be effective.
The app has a 7-day free trial, allowing users to cancel before their next payment, and a 30-day money-back guarantee. However, drawbacks include a high price and the need to commit to the CBT-I approach.
Nonetheless, with its comprehensive approach and user-friendly interface, this digital health service could be the answer for individuals struggling with disrupted sleep patterns like insomnia.