Burr! It’s cold in Canada, but not just in terms of the weather. Are you considering using TalkSpace Canada for your mental health online counseling needs?
If so, you should know that TalkSpace provides an online therapy option for those outside the United States seeking accessible, affordable care.
In this blog post, we’ll take a closer look at what TalkSpace is, how to access it in Canada, how it works, and the benefits of using this service of talk therapy.
Please know we have bought, tried, and used Talkspace which we have documented in the video playlist below:
What Is TalkSpace in Canada?
TalkSpace is a platform that provides users with access to licensed psychotherapists and counselors.
It offers users an alternative way to receive counseling services through text messaging, audio messages, video conferencing, and phone sessions.
This means you can get help from the comfort of your home without leaving your home or office.
How Does TalkSpace Work?
When signing up for TalkSpace anywhere in the world including Canada, users are asked to fill out a questionnaire about their mental health needs and preferences. This helps the platform match you with the best-registered psychotherapist for your needs of prescribed medication.
Once you’ve been matched with a therapist, you can start communicating with them in whatever way works best for you—texting, audio messages, or video conferencing. You can communicate as often or as little as needed between sessions with your therapist.
The platform also offers access to community forums where you can connect with other members of the community who are facing similar struggles and share tips and advice.
$276 to $436
Yes - Many insurance providers
Types of Therapy
Many different types
Provides Education and Tools
Included With every plan
Live video, audio, and messaging
Change therapists anytime
Includes many insurance coverages
What Are The Benefits Of Using Talkspace In Canada?
The main benefit of using TalkSpace in Canada is accessibility—you don’t have to leave home or work to seek assistance from a mental health professional and online therapists.
No more defrosting your car to make a therapy appointment!
Furthermore, since sessions are conducted virtually there are no geographical limitations; people from any part of the remote Canadian wilderness (or world) can take advantage of this service if they need it.
Get Online Therapy And Counseling In Canada
If you are looking for online therapy and counseling in Canada, there are several options available to you.
Online therapy can be a convenient and effective way to receive mental health support from the comfort of your own home.
Here are some key points to consider when booking your appointment:
- Online therapy is available Canada-wide for adults 18 or older.
- You can talk to a mental health therapist on Maple via chat, audio, or video.
- True Roots Counselling Services offers secure online video appointments through Doxy. Me.
- Wellin5 is a B.C.-based platform that connects you to a counselor within 48 hours.
- Inkblot is an online resource available for those in Ontario.
- Focus Mental Wellness offers licensed therapists or counselors compassionate and effective mental health support.
- E-counseling from The LifeLine Canada Foundation offers free, anonymous, and confidential online text chats with trained listeners.
- Here2Talk is a virtual mental health support service provided by the Province of British Columbia that offers confidential, free counseling and referral services by app, phone, or online chat for all registered post-secondary students.
- Wellness Together Canada: This government-funded program offers free mental health support and resources, including online counseling.
- Hope for Wellness Help Line: This service is available 24/7 to First Nations, Inuit, and Métis people across Canada and provides immediate mental health and emotional support.
- BounceBack Ontario: This program offers free guided self-help for adults experiencing mild to moderate anxiety or depression.
Video therapy allows for face-to-face interaction with your therapist, while written methods may be more suitable for those who prefer to communicate in writing.
As always, it’s important to consult with a licensed mental health professional before making any decisions about your mental health care.
Costs of Talkspace
Only Messaging Therapy
Video + Messaging Therapy
Video + Messaging Workshop
Do I Need A Referral To See An Online Therapist In Canada?
If you are considering seeing an online master’s degree therapist in Canada, you may be wondering if you need a referral to do so.
The answer is no, you do not need a referral to see an online therapist in Canada to receive therapy. Many people choose to seek out therapy on their own without a referral from a doctor or other healthcare provider. However, it is important to note that some insurance plans may require a referral for therapy sessions to be covered.
Additionally, it is always a good idea to consult with your primary care physician or mental health provider before starting therapy to ensure that it is the right choice for you and your specific needs.
Talkspace VS. Face-To-Face Therapy
If you’re considering Talkspace vs. face-to-face therapy, there are a few things to keep in mind. Here are some key points to consider:
- Convenience: Talkspace offers the convenience of being able to communicate with your therapist from anywhere, at any time. You can message your therapist whenever you need to, and they’ll respond within a certain timeframe (usually within 24 hours). With face-to-face therapy, you’ll need to schedule appointments and physically go to the therapist’s office.
- Accessibility: Talkspace may be more accessible for people who live in rural areas or who have mobility issues that make it difficult to travel to a therapist’s office. It may also be easier for people with busy schedules who find it hard to take time off work or school for appointments.
- Cost: Talkspace may be more affordable than face-to-face therapy for some people, especially if their insurance doesn’t cover mental health services or if they don’t have insurance at all. However, it’s important to note that Talkspace isn’t always cheaper than traditional therapy – it depends on the specific therapist and plan you choose.
- Effectiveness: There is evidence that online therapy can be just as effective as face-to-face therapy for certain conditions, such as depression and anxiety1. However, not all types of therapy are suitable for online delivery – for example, some forms of trauma-focused therapy may require in-person sessions.
- Personal preference: Ultimately, whether you choose Talkspace or face-to-face therapy will depend on your personal preferences and needs. Some people prefer the intimacy and connection of in-person sessions, while others appreciate the flexibility and convenience of online therapy.
Is Talkspace Available In Canada?
Yes, Talkspace is available in Canada.
Can I use Talkspace if I am outside of the US?
Talkspace is available to people outside of the U.S. as long as they can use the internet to use the platform.
How Do I See A Therapist In Canada?
If you’re looking to see a therapist in Canada, there are several steps you can take. Here’s what you need to know:
- First, determine the type of therapist you need. This could be a psychologist, psychotherapist, or social worker.
- Check if your employer or school offers an Employee Assistance Program (EAP) that includes mental health services.
- Look for a therapist in your area using directories such as Psychology Today or GoodTherapy.
- Consider virtual therapy options if you prefer to receive therapy from the comfort of your own home.
- Check with your insurance provider to see if they cover mental health services and what your coverage entails.
It’s important to note that therapists in Canada must be registered with their respective regulatory bodies2.
The College of Registered Psychotherapists of Ontario (CRPO) regulates psychotherapists in Ontario, while the Canadian Psychological Association (CPA) regulates psychologists across the country.
You can also find certified counselors through organizations like the Canadian Counselling and Psychotherapy Association (CCPA). Remember that seeking help is a brave step towards improving your mental health and well-being.
Does TalkSpace Work In Canada?
If you are wondering whether Talkspace works in Canada, the answer is yes.
Talkspace is available in Canada and allows you to connect with licensed therapists through text messages, voice notes, and video calls. Here are some key points to keep in mind:
- Talkspace works directly with insurance providers such as Cigna, Optum, Premera, Aetna & more to make therapy more affordable.
- The platform offers a variety of therapy options including individual therapy, couples therapy, and social media dependency therapy.
- Talkspace has been recognized by reputable sources such as CBC Radio and Canadian Living as a reliable mental health app to try.
If you are interested in using Talkspace for your mental health needs, it is important to do your research and consult with a healthcare professional to determine if online therapy is right for you.
Is There Free Therapy In Canada?
Talkspace Canada Conclusion:
In conclusion, if you’re looking for an accessible and affordable way to connect with a licensed mental health professional then TalkSpace Canada may be the right option for you.
With its convenient online format and range of services offered at an affordable price point, it could be just what you need to start feeling better soon! So why not give it a try today? We hope this article has helped provide some clarity on Talkspace in Canada as well as insight into its many benefits!
Please use this official Canadian government mental health website for more info: https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/mental-health-services/mental-health-get-help.html
- Carlbring, P., Andersson, G., Cuijpers, P., Riper, H., & Hedman-Lagerlöf, E. (2017, December 7). Internet-based vs. face-to-face cognitive behavior therapy for psychiatric and somatic disorders: an updated systematic review and meta-analysis. Cognitive Behaviour Therapy, 47(1), 1–18. https://doi.org/10.1080/16506073.2017.1401115
- Finding the Psychologist For You – Canadian Psychological Association. (2014, May 9). Canadian Psychological Association – the National Voice for Psychology in Canada. https://cpa.ca/public/findingapsychologist/
- Agency of Canada, P. H. (n.d.). Mental health support: get help – Canada.ca. Mental Health Support: Get Help – Canada.ca. https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/mental-health-services/mental-health-get-help.html
More Talkspace Resources
- We Bought Talkspace (Video) – Here’s Our Complete Review
- Why Michael Phelps Says, “Talkspace Saved My Life”
- Insurances Talkspace Accepts – Covers 40 Million Americans
- Talkspace Cost Breakdown – What We Paid
- The Public and Private Talkspace Discounts We Found
- Talkspace Phone Number (?)
- Talkspace Company Financial Info
- The Salary of Talkspace Therapists
- How To Cancel Your Talkspace Subscription
- The Talkspace App Is Popular!
- Talkspace Versus Calmerry
- Talkspace Versus Brightside
- Talkspace Versus Sesame Care
Third Party Reviews
Pricing / Insurance
Talkspace is best if you’re new to therapy, have insurance, and looking for online convenience for mild to moderate mental health struggles.
Get $100 off your first month with code SPACE at Talkspace.com.
- No commuting with flexible online sessions from home
- Multiple subscription plans available
- Quick signup with user-friendly platform and app
- Constant access with round-the-clock text messages and live chats available
- You can choose your therapist from three options, allowing you to somewhat customize your experience
- Serves all 50 states
- You can switch therapists whenever you want at no extra cost.
- Has an easy-to-navigate app
- High user satisfaction
- Flexible plans, accepted by most health insurers and contract-free
- The service can connect you with a psychiatrist who can evaluate you and prescribe medication that you can pick up from your local pharmacy
- Provides individual therapy, couples, and teen therapy
- All sessions with well-qualified therapists
- The platform encrypts your conversations and offers a password-secured login system to keep your data private.
- Providers and AI algorithm choose 3 therapists for you
- No group or family counseling sessions
- Exact pricing only revealed upon sign-up
- Most affordable plan is messaging-only
- Text therapy may not be suitable for everyone as it may feel impersonal due to automated messages
- No sliding scale or financial aid options available
- Medicare and Medicaid do not cover services
- Live sessions are only 30 minutes long and must be purchased with higher-priced plans
- Overall best suited for cases of anxiety or depression
- If cancelled within the month, Talkspace will still charge the subscriber for the entire month
- AI analysis may be done on conversations with your therapist
- Chat history cannot be deleted
- Some misleading claims