Thriveworks is an online therapy and psychiatry platform for anyone seeking mental health support. Offering individual, family, and addiction counseling services, it stands out with its flexible scheduling and insurance acceptance (180 million Americans covered!). Furthermore, Thriveworks offers 380 physical locations across the United States. However, at Thriveworks you pay per session which may increase your expenses in the long run, and potential privacy concerns may be downsides. While it's an excellent choice for those needing therapy options covered by insurance, alternatives might suit those preferring more comprehensive plans.
- Pay $0-50 per session with insurance
- Quick appointment scheduling
- Online and in-person therapy options
- Evening and weekend hours available
- Accepts most health insurance plans
- Wide range of mental health services
- Responsive customer service
- May lack comprehensive treatment
- Limited information about therapists
- No specialized therapist filtering options
- Steep cancellation fee
- Not easy to switch therapists
- Concerns regarding data collection
Have you ever thought about getting therapy but found it too expensive or inconvenient? Or perhaps you’re looking for a therapy option that’s more flexible and accessible? If so, you should consider Thriveworks.
This online therapy company is making waves in the mental health world, offering both virtual and in-person sessions at affordable rates, especially for those with insurance coverage.
Let’s delve into what makes Thriveworks an excellent choice for those seeking better mental health.
Thriveworks Third-Party Reviews
- 5.0/5 with 55 Reviews > Birdeye
- 3.5/5 with 348 Reviews > Indeed
- 3.8/5 with 46 Reviews > Trust Analytica
- 4.5/5 with 248 Reviews > Bark
- 4.5/5 with 358 Reviews > Glass Door
Overall, we give Thriveworks a Third-Party Review Score of (4.5/5)
About Thriveworks – Mission, Company Background
Have they ever heard of Thriveworks (https://thriveworks.com/)? They’re an online therapy company that started in 2008. Their founder, Dr. AJ Centore, is a licensed therapist with a big mission – to make mental health care accessible so people can live happier and more successful lives.
At Thriveworks, they believe that everyone should have the opportunity to thrive. That’s why they offer virtual and in-person therapy sessions in 43 states. And it’s not just for adults. They cater to everyone – adults, children, and couples alike.
Here’s a quick rundown of what they offer:
- Individual therapy
- Couples therapy
- Children’s Therapy
- Addiction counseling
- Family Counseling
- Medication management
- Group counseling
With over 2,200 providers and more than 380 physical offices (in every state except Vermont and Washington, DC), Thriveworks offers flexibility and high-quality care. They even accept health insurance and have therapists available for convenience during evening and weekend hours.
In short, Thriveworks is all about providing inclusive, compassionate, and top-notch mental health services. It’s a company that truly embodies its mission of helping people thrive.
What Makes Thriveworks Unique and Different
Have you ever heard of Thriveworks? It’s a game-changer in the world of mental health care. Here’s why:
- Flexibility: Thriveworks offers both virtual and in-person therapy sessions. So, you can get help wherever you are, whenever you need it. They even have therapists available during evening and weekend hours. How convenient is that?
- Inclusivity: Whether you’re an adult, a child, or a couple seeking help, Thriveworks has got you covered. They offer individual, couples, children’s, and family therapy. They’re also LGBTQ-friendly, so everyone is welcome.
- Affordability: Health insurance can be a lifesaver, right? Thriveworks accepts various insurance plans, including Aetna, Blue Cross Blue Shield, Cigna, Compsych, Humana, Medicare, and United Healthcare. This makes quality mental health care more affordable for many people.
- Comprehensive Care: Thriveworks isn’t just about therapy. They also offer psychiatry and addiction counseling. Plus, they provide medication management. It’s like a one-stop shop for all your mental health needs.
- Satisfaction: Users have reported high satisfaction levels with the quality of care received at Thriveworks. That’s a big deal when it comes to trusting someone with your mental health.
- Privacy: Your privacy matters, and Thriveworks knows that. They use a HIPAA-compliant telehealth service to ensure the security of your therapy sessions.
- User-friendly: Navigating a website should be easy. Thriveworks’ website is easy to navigate, and you can book your therapy sessions directly. No hassle, no fuss. However, if you miss a session or don’t cancel within 24 hours, there may be a fee of $135 (which is mostly a threat as they only very loosely enforce). Either way, they encourage you to prioritize your appointments.
The company stands out from the crowd with its flexibility, wide range of therapy options, and acceptance of health insurance.
List of Thriveworks Features and Benefits
Let’s take a look at the features and benefits of Thriveworks:
- Virtual and in-person therapy sessions: You can get help from the comfort of your home or visit one of their 380+ locations.
- Flexible scheduling: You can fit therapy into your busy schedule with evening and weekend hours.
- Accepts health insurance: They work with various providers to make treatment affordable.
- Wide range of services: They offer individual, couples, children’s, family therapy, psychiatry, addiction counseling, and medication management.
- Efficient session scheduling and cancellation: You can easily book or cancel appointments.
- Multiple communication options: Choose audio, phone, and video chat for your sessions.
- User-friendly website and app: Their platform is easy to navigate, making the sign-up process simple.
- Ability to switch therapists: If you’re not connecting with your current therapist, you can switch to another one.
- HIPAA-compliant telehealth service: Your privacy is protected during online sessions.
- High-quality care: You’ll receive top-notch mental health care from licensed professionals.
- Positive user satisfaction: Many people have found Thriveworks helpful in improving their mental health.
- Comfort and convenience: Get therapy when and where it suits you.
- Efficacy: Their diverse range of services helps address various mental health issues.
- Reliability: You can trust them to provide consistent, quality care.
So, have you ever thought about trying online therapy? It would help if you considered Thriveworks. It’s flexible, inclusive, and focused on providing the best mental health services. Who knows? It could be a game-changer for you!
Who is Thriveworks Best For (And Not For)
Let’s see if it’s the right fit for you.
- People deal with a wide range of mental health issues. This includes depression, anxiety, OCD, PTSD, relationship issues, family issues, eating disorders, grief, LGBTQ+ issues, and trauma. You’re not alone, and Thriveworks is here to help.
- Those who like options. Thriveworks offers both virtual and in-person sessions. So, you can get help wherever you are, whenever you need it.
- Busy bees. If you’ve got a packed schedule, no worries – Thriveworks allows for easy rescheduling and cancellation of appointments.
- Insurance holders. Thriveworks accepts a variety of insurance plans, reducing your per-session cost.
Not Best For:
- People are seeking therapists who specialize in treating BIPOC clients. Unfortunately, Thriveworks doesn’t have an easy way to search for therapists based on racial or cultural identity.
- Those are looking for therapists with specific marginalized identities. There’s no way to indicate these preferences in the search for a therapist.
- Fans of lengthy questionnaires. Thriveworks functions more like a directory of therapists without extensive information about each therapist.
- Lovers of message-based therapy. They primarily offer email and phone communication with therapists.
- People are concerned about data privacy. They collect and reserve the right to sell data regarding online activity.
Overall, we give Thriveworks a Quality Score of (4.2/5)
Thriveworks vs. Alternatives
- Compared to Talkspace: Unlike Talkspace, which focuses only on online therapy, Thriveworks offers virtual and in-person sessions at over 380 locations. Plus, they accept health insurance, making treatment more affordable than Talkspace, which operates on a subscription model. However, unlike Talkspace, Thriveworks does not offer messaging as a communication option.
- Compared to BetterHelp: While both platforms offer a wide range of services, Thriveworks offers in-person therapy options and accepts insurance, which BetterHelp does not. However, BetterHelp provides unlimited messaging with therapists, a feature not available on Thriveworks.
- Compared to Teladoc, Teladoc might be a cheaper option, but Thriveworks offers more specialized services like children’s therapy, addiction counseling, and medication management. Thriveworks has night and weekend availability, a bonus for those with tight schedules.
Remember, your mental health is essential. So, when choosing an online therapy service, consider your needs, budget, and preferences. With its wide variety of services, insurance acceptance, and high user satisfaction, Thriveworks could be the perfect fit for you!
Could you not take my word for it, though? 90% of surveyed users were satisfied with their experience, and 80% would recommend Thriveworks to a friend. So, why not give it a shot? You might find it’s exactly what you need.
Overall, we give Thriveworks a Design Score of (3.9)
How Much Does Thriveworks Cost, How to Sign-up, and Customer Support
Hey there! Looking for an easy-to-understand rundown of Thriveworks? Let’s get into it.
How Much Does Thriveworks Cost?
Thriveworks is pretty straightforward. Costs start at $0-$50 per session via insurance, and if self-insured, then around $200. For more info, see: https://thriveworks.com/pricing/
How to Sign-Up?
Signing up is a breeze! Just hop onto their homepage, pick an appointment time that suits you, and book it. You’ll need to provide some basic info and credit card details. There’s no complicated matching process or lengthy intake questionnaire. You choose your therapist based on the information provided.
Start here: https://thriveworks.com/app/providers
Need to cancel or switch therapists? No problem! You can do so through the patient portal or by contacting the support team (https://thriveworks.com/contact-thriveworks/).
Overall, we give Thriveworks a Cost Review Score of (4.0)
Here’s a quick rundown of what you need to know:
Free Trial, Discounts, Pause, How To Cancel, Refund Policy, and Coupon Thriveworks operate differently. They don’t offer a free trial or discounts. However, their prices start at $99 per session, and accept most major insurance carriers.
Need to pause or cancel your sessions? No problem! You can do so with a minimum 23.5-hour notice. Just contact their customer service via phone or live chat on their website. As for refunds, they have yet to mention a specific policy.
You can find their phone number and location info on their website – (855) 204-2767
Is Thriveworks Legit Conclusion
Is Thriveworks legit? Absolutely! High user satisfaction and a wide variety of services could be just what you need for better mental health.