When it comes to mental health, finding the right therapist or care provider is crucial.
Zocdoc is one of the most popular online platforms that helps people find healthcare providers, book appointments, and manage their healthcare needs.
However, while Zocdoc’s free app is a valuable resource for many, it is important to be aware of the platform’s cost for both users and providers.
In this blog post, we will take a closer look at the Zocdoc cost, including the fees charged to patients and providers, along with some frequently asked questions.
Zocdoc Cost for Users
Zocdoc is a free service for patients to use, but there are some fees that patients may incur when booking appointments on the platform.
- For instance, if a patient cancels an appointment within 24 hours of the scheduled appointment time, they may be charged a cancellation or no-show fee.
- There are also fees for certain types of appointments, such as telemedicine or visits outside of regular business hours.
- However, these fees are clearly stated at the time of booking, so patients can decide whether they want to proceed with the appointment or not.
Zocdoc Cost for Providers
Zocdoc charges providers a fee for each new patient who books an appointment through the platform.
- This fee varies depending on the location and specialty of the provider, but it can range from $35 to $300 per booked appointment.
- Providers can also choose to list their practice on the platform for a monthly fee, which can range from $250 to $3,000 per month, depending on the location and specialty of the provider.
- Most healthcare providers pay $3,000 per year to list their practice on Zocdoc.
However, providers can cancel their listing on the platform at any time, and there are no long-term contracts or commitments.
Frequently Asked Questions about Zocdoc Cost
- Question: Can users use Zocdoc without paying any fees?
Yes, Zocdoc is free for patients to use.
- Question: Do providers have to pay a fee for each appointment booked on Zocdoc?
It depends on the membership level in question. If providers are on a monthly subscription, they pay a fee for each new patient who books an appointment through the platform. However, if a provider is on an annual membership then no fees are applied per booking.
- Question: How much does it cost to list my practice on Zocdoc?
The cost of listing a practice on Zocdoc varies depending on the location and specialty of the provider. It can range from $250 to $3,000 per month.
- Question: Can I cancel my Zocdoc listing at any time?
Yes, providers can cancel their listings on the platform at any time.
You may read more articles on Online Mental Health Reviews concerning the following topics: the safety of Zocdoc, how to use Zocdoc and who should use Zocdoc, which actress is in the Zocdoc commercials, Zocdoc costs for doctors and providers, Zocdoc customer service email, how to find a Zocdoc dentist, how to sign-in to Zocdoc, and our entire evaluation of Zocdoc.
Is ZocDoc A publicly traded stock?
No, ZocDoc is not a publicly traded stock. It is a private company that offers an online service to help people to find physicians and book medical or wellness appointments. However, according to Nasdaq1, Zocdoc’s stock is not available for purchase on the open market, but investors can invest in private equity deals and special-purpose vehicles.
Is ZocDoc A Private Company?
Yes, ZocDoc is a private company.
- It is an online platform that connects healthcare patients to doctors, online therapy, and other healthcare providers
- ZocDoc was founded in 2007 and has since grown to become one of the leading digital marketplace companies in the healthcare industry.
- The company is privately held and venture capital-backed, with its headquarters located in New York City.
- ZocDoc offers a wide range of services to its users, including helping them find and book appointments with doctors who are right for them, HSA, and more.
- They also provide access to in-network providers and nearby doctors, as well as highly rated ones.
- Additionally, they offer resources such as patient reviews and ratings to help people make informed decisions about their healthcare needs.
Overall, ZocDoc is a great resource for those looking for reliable information on healthcare providers and services. With its easy-to-use platform, it makes finding the right doctor easier than ever before.
What Is ZocDoc’s Stock Ticker Symbol?
ZocDoc does not have an official stock ticker symbol because the company is still private. This means that it is not listed on a public stock exchange and its shares are not available for purchase by the general public. However, you can invest in ZocDoc through private equity deals or special-purpose vehicles.
ZocDoc IPO – Investing Pre-IPO
Are you interested in investing in ZocDoc before it goes public? Pre-IPO investing is a way to get involved with a company before it goes public, and can be a great way to make money.
ZocDoc is an online platform that helps patients find the right specialist for their healthcare needs. It was founded in 2007 and has grown significantly since then. In November 2021, the company announced a $150M investment round from venture capital firms. This means that investors are eyeing Zocdoc for a potential IPO shortly.
There are several ways to buy and sell ZocDoc shares pre-IPO.
- One option is to use ForgeGlobal, which allows you to invest in proven healthcare private companies like ZocDoc.
- Another option is UpMarket, which allows you to buy and sell pre-IPO shares of companies like ZocDoc.
- You can also use Dizraptor or United Traders to invest in Zocdoc pre-IPO shares, or Teamblind or EquityZen to learn more about investing in Zocdoc stock.
It’s important to remember that pre-IPO investing carries risks as well as rewards – so make sure you do your research before investing!
Zocdoc Valuation History
Zocdoc is a health technology company that was founded in 2007.
- It has since grown to become one of the most successful startups in New York, with a valuation of $1.8 billion as of August 2015.
- Since then, it has raised over $375.9 million in funding and closed its last funding round at the end of July 2020, valuing Zocdoc at $1.8 billion.
- In addition, Zocdoc has recently secured an additional $150 million in growth financing to accelerate its growth and deepen its investments in sales and marketing.
- The company has seen great success since 2015 when it generated $71 million in annual revenue, despite burning through $43 million in cash that year. This success can be attributed to their turnaround from an unsustainable path to profitable growth.
Today, Zocdoc continues to grow and expand into virtual care and vaccine scheduling with the help of its new funding round. They are also offering private equity deals for investors who are interested in buying shares of the company.
Overall, Zocdoc is a rapidly growing health technology company that has seen great success since its founding in 2007. The company’s current valuation stands at $1.8 billion and they have raised over $375.9 million in funding so far.
For more information about Zocdoc funding, please see these two resources:
- Zocdoc on Crunchbase – https://www.crunchbase.com/organization/zocdoc
- Zocdoc on Pitchbook – https://pitchbook.com/profiles/company/44794-54
Is Zocdoc Profitable?
Yes, Zocdoc is profitable.
Who Is The Owner Of ZocDoc?
ZocDoc is a healthcare software company founded in New York City in 2007 by Oliver Kharraz, Nick Ganju, and Cyrus Massoumi.
- Oliver Kharraz is the current CEO and founder of ZocDoc. He comes from a long line of doctors, with his family having a 300-year tradition of medicine.
In 2015, Oliver Kharraz stepped into the role of CEO for ZocDoc and has since faced many challenges such as the pandemic and the rise of telehealth. He is committed to building or acquiring new technology to help those struggling with mental health access better care.
Overall, Oliver Kharraz is the current CEO and founder of ZocDoc, a healthcare software company founded in 2007 in New York City. He comes from a long line of doctors and has been recognized for his work in healthcare innovation.
Zocdoc Stock Conclusion:
Zocdoc is a valuable tool for both patients and healthcare providers, but it is important to be aware of the platform’s associated costs.
- As a user, you can avoid fees by booking appointments during regular business hours and canceling appointments at least 24 hours in advance.
- As a provider, you can take advantage of discounted listing fees and advertise special offers to attract new patients.
Let us know in the comments below if you have any questions about ZocDoc stock, or if you have a suggestion for the Online Mental Health Reviews team on what mental health service, app recent product, or course we should buy and try next!
- Everything You Need To Know About Zocdoc. (n.d.). Everything You Need to Know About Zocdoc | Nasdaq. https://www.nasdaq.com/articles/everything-you-need-to-know-about-zocdoc-2020-06-28
- Z. (2020, October 12). Letter from our founder & CEO about Zocdoc’s new pricing model. Medium. https://medium.com/zocdoc-corp/letter-from-our-founder-ceo-about-zocdocs-new-pricing-model-93b97eadc308
- Zocdoc – Wikipedia. (2020, November 16). Zocdoc – Wikipedia. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zocdoc
If You Are In Crisis
In the event of an emergency, do not wait for an online therapy appointment. If you need help right away, call 911 for assistance or dial 988 for the Suicide and Crisis Lifeline. Additionally, you can also contact SAMHSA at 1-800-662-HELP (4357), which is a free and confidential helpline that provides information and treatment referrals 24/7.
Zocdoc - Free
Third Party Reviews
Zocdoc is best for adults with healthcare insurance, who want to try a modern way to book healthcare appointments, and who have access to the internet. Additionally, fans of Yelp or other online review services will be more likely to become Zocdoc fans.
However, not everyone is a fit for Zocdoc. Adults who do not feel comfortable using the Internet for healthcare, or already have existing and satisfying relationships with their healthcare providers are not ideal for Zocdoc.
- Convenience: Zocdoc allows patients to easily book appointments with doctors and healthcare providers from their phone or computer, without needing to call around and schedule appointments manually.
- Time-Saving: Zocdoc cuts down on wait times in doctor’s offices as patients can book and confirm appointments electronically, reducing the need to do so physically at the clinic.
- Access to New Providers: Zocdoc provides a comprehensive list of providers along with their biography, ratings, and reviews, allowing patients to learn about and select the best provider who can address their specific health issue.Transparency: Zocdoc provides verified ratings and feedback from previous patients that can help assess the suitability of a provider, with the additional benefit of patient privacy as they can provide feedback anonymously.
- Insurance Coverage: Zocdoc facilitates the verification of insurance coverage for healthcare services, giving patients an idea of how much they will be paying out of pocket.
- Seamless Navigation: The app provides an easy-to-use interface that simplifies the process of selecting a provider, booking an appointment, managing your appointment schedule or canceling an appointment.
- Insurance Inaccuracies: Occasionally, when verifying insurance coverage, Zocdoc and healthcare providers may provide inaccurate information on coverage, resulting in patients unknowingly footing large bills.
- Provider Availability: Patients may face challenges finding available providers to meet their needs, depending on their insurance plan, preferred location, and medical urgency.
- Cancellations: There may be instances where a provider cancels an appointment last minute or changes your booking to a different location which may inconvenience patients without adequate notice.
- Inadequate Support: In some cases, it can be difficult to get adequate support or help from the Zocdoc team, especially if there is an issue with insurance coverage or appointment booking.
- Security Concerns: Patients may need to share personal and sensitive information to use the Zocdoc platform. While the app maintains privacy and security measures, concerns may arise regarding the security of patient data.