Talkspace is unable to issue refunds for rendered services or payments, such as:
- Subscription fees and co-pays
- Cancellations made less than 24 hours before the scheduled start time of a live session
- Missed live sessions by the client.
If you’re considering using Talkspace for online therapy, one of your main concerns is likely whether or not you’ll be able to get a Talkspace refund if necessary. We hope the above information helps you decide!
If you want more info this article will take a closer look at how Talkspace refunds work and when they can be applied.
Please note that we have bought, tested and documented our experience using Talkspace in this video playlist:
What Are Talkspace Refunds?
Talkspace offers two types of refunds. The first type is a subscription refund, which is typically given when there has been an error on their part or if the customer decides that the service isn’t right for them.
The second type of refund is called a pro-rated refund and applies when customers have paid for multiple months in advance but decided to cancel their subscription after only one month.
Please note that in most cases these refunds are not given out, however, Talkspace does recognize extenuating circumstances in some cases.
In this case, the customer will receive a partial refund based on the amount of time that has elapsed since their purchase.
How Do I Request Talkspace Refunds?
If you’ve decided that Talkspace isn’t right for you and want to request a refund, the process is quite simple.
Customers must contact customer support via email or phone and explain why they would like to cancel their subscription and request a refund.
Customer service will then review your account details and determine whether or not you are eligible for either type of refund discussed above.
Once approved, customers can expect to receive their funds back within 7-10 business days from the date of request.
can I get a Refund from Talkspace?
If you are wondering whether you can get a refund from Talkspace, the answer is mostly no but under some circumstances, yes.
Talkspace offers refunds at its sole discretion, which means that not all refund requests will be granted. Here are some key points to keep in mind:
- Refunds may be full, partial, or pro-rated depending on the circumstances.
- Refund requests are reviewed carefully by the Talkspace team.
- Unused time is generally not refunded because therapists charge for the scheduled time.
- If you cancel before your renewal date, you won’t receive a pro-rated refund but can still use Talkspace until the end of your billing cycle.
See this video for canceling:
Need Some Space for Yourself? Cancel Talkspace in Mere Minutes
If you’re looking to cancel your Talkspace subscription, it’s a straightforward process that can be completed in just a few minutes.
Here are the steps you need to follow:
- Log in to your Talkspace account.
- Click on your username in the top right corner.
- Select “Manage Subscription.”
- Click on “Stop Subscription Renewal” when the new page loads.
- Follow the prompts to confirm your cancellation.
It’s important to note that if you cancel your subscription before the end of your billing cycle, you will still have access to Talkspace until that cycle ends. Additionally, if you have any issues with the cancellation process or need further assistance, you can contact Talkspace customer support for help.
Can You Get Your Money Back From Talkspace?
If you are wondering whether or not you can get your money back from Talkspace, the answer is not straightforward. According to Talkspace’s refund policy, they do not grant refunds for services rendered.
However, if you cancel before your renewal date, they won’t grant you a pro-rated refund but you’ll be able to use their services until the end of your billing cycle.
Refunds are reviewed by the Talkspace team very carefully and the platform provides a full or partial refund for those who apply for it. It is important to note that customer complaints have been filed against Talkspace regarding refunds and therapy services provided.
What is Talkspace’s guaranteed Response Time?
Talkspace is an online therapy platform that provides mental health services to people in need. If you’re wondering about Talkspace’s guaranteed response time, here are some key points to consider:
- Talkspace therapists are guaranteed to respond to you five days a week.
- However, the response time is based on the therapist’s schedule and availability.
- Talkspace therapists have set schedules for checking in with clients, with morning or evening response times at least 5 days per week (Talkspace).
- Response times can vary from a few hours up to 12 hours.
- The average response time is around 4-6 hours.
- Talkspace customer service however is slower; with responses from 1-3 days.
It’s important to note that while Talkspace guarantees a response time, it may not always be immediate. However, many users have reported positive experiences with their therapists and appreciate the convenience of being able to message them at any time.
Can you cancel Talkspace at any time?
Yes, you can cancel Talkspace at any time. Canceling your subscription is a straightforward process that can be done through the app or website. Here are the steps to follow:
- Log in to your Talkspace account
- Click on your username in the top right corner
- Select Manage Subscription
- Click on Stop Subscription Renewal when a new page opens
- Confirm that you want to cancel your subscription
It’s important to note that canceling your subscription doesn’t automatically mean you’ll receive a refund. According to Talkspace’s cancellation policy, refunds are only given in certain circumstances, such as if you’re not satisfied with the service or experience technical issues.
It’s best to review their policy before canceling.
Does Talkspace sell your data?
- Talkspace collects data from your chats (transcripts), audio and video communication, and documents you share.
- However, a 2022 report by Consumer Reports2 found that Talkspace was one of several mental health apps that were sending user data to Facebook.
- In August 2020, Salon3 reported on allegations that Talkspace had mined patient therapy conversations for data. The company denied these claims.
How do I contact Talkspace billing?
If you need to contact Talkspace billing, there are a few options available to you. Here is what you can do:
- Visit the Talkspace Help Center: You can find information about billing and payments on the Talkspace Help Center. This resource provides answers to frequently asked questions about how you will be billed, how to update your payment information, and more.
- Contact Talkspace Customer Service: If you have specific questions about your billing or payment, you can reach out to Talkspace Customer Service by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. They will be able to assist you with any issues related to your account. However, their responses will be slow.
- Check Your Account: To view your billing history and update your payment information, log in to your account. Click on your nickname located in the top-left corner of the screen. From the dropdown menu, select View payment and subscription history.
Can you pause your Talkspace account?
Yes, you can pause your Talkspace account if you need to take a break from therapy. Here are some things you should know:
- Talkspace allows you to pause your therapy for up to 7 days at a time.
- During this time, you will not be able to communicate with your therapist or receive any new messages.
- You will also not be charged for the duration of the pause period.
- To pause your account, log in to your account on the Talkspace website or app and go to “Settings”. From there, select “Subscription” and then “Pause Subscription”.
- If you want to resume therapy before the 7-day pause period is over, simply click “Resume Subscription” in your account settings.
How do I change my Talkspace plan?
If you want to change your Talkspace plan, you can do so by following these simple steps:
- Log in to your Talkspace account.
- Click on the “Settings” tab.
- Select “Subscription” from the drop-down menu.
- Choose the new plan you would like to switch to.
- Confirm the changes and update your payment information if necessary.
How do I contact Talkspace therapy customer service?
If you need to contact Talkspace customer service, there are several ways to do so. Here are some options for you:
- Visit the Talkspace Contact Us page on their website and fill out the form with your inquiry.
- Email email@example.com with your question or concern.
It’s important to note that if you are in a life-threatening situation, you should not use this site or any of these methods to get help.
Talkspace Refunds Conclusion:
Overall, Talkpsace refunds are hard to receive – but possible if you follow the strategies outlined the videos above!
- What is the refund policy? (n.d.). Talkspace. Retrieved March 9, 2023, from https://help.talkspace.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000287003-What-is-the-refund-policy-
- Mental Health Apps – 2-Page Brief. (n.d.). In https://advocacy.consumerreports.org. Retrieved March 9, 2023, from https://advocacy.consumerreports.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/12/cr_mentalhealth_2page.pdf
- S. (2020, August 10). Therapy app Talkspace allegedly data-mined patients’ conversations with therapists. Salon. https://www.salon.com/2020/08/10/therapy-app-talkspace-allegedly-data-mined-patients-conversations-with-therapists/
More Talkspace Resources
- We Bought Talkspace (Video) – Here’s Our Complete Review
- Why Michael Phelps Says, “Talkspace Saved My Life”
- Insurances Talkspace Accepts – Covers 40 Million Americans
- Talkspace Cost Breakdown – What We Paid
- The Public and Private Talkspace Discounts We Found
- Talkspace Phone Number (?)
- Talkspace Company Financial Info
- The Salary of Talkspace Therapists
- How To Cancel Your Talkspace Subscription
- The Talkspace App Is Popular!
- Talkspace Versus Calmerry
- Talkspace Versus Brightside
- Talkspace Versus Sesame Care
Talkspace Review - $276-436
Description: Talkspace might be for you if you're new to therapy or looking for mental health care that fits your schedule and location. Talkspace is an online service offering a range of mental health care options, including individual, teen and couples therapy along with psychiatry. Health insurance coverage is also accepted and various methods of communication are available to connect with therapists.
Offer price: $276-436
Operating System: Online
Application Category: Mental Health
Author: Online Mental Health Reviews
Third Party Reviews